No low end power after resonator delete/magnaflow muffler instal

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
so title says it all. i had the muffler shop cut off the resonator and the muffler as one piece. then he welded up some same diameter pipe to the back and made bends where needed then welded up the magnaflow 14832 muffler.
couple things about that:
1) its hanging a bit low just after where the sock resonator is. i noticed the stock piping at that point is oval and not round. but regardless, its a bit low for my tastes and looks bad. ill get back to that in a min.
2) the bends are made with a press instead of one of those rolling pipe benders, meaning the pipe is essentially crushed changing the diameter at those bends drastically then expanding again and then shrinking again at the next bend and so on, does this affect the performance or increase back pressure? this leads me to my main issue,
3) i have noticed now that i have very very low low-end power. i have to get upwards of 4000 rpm before i feel it start to pull very much. can this be fixed?
4)as a result of removing the resonator, i now have massive amounts of drone starting at around 2750 rpm and going until 5k or so. it is down right awful at 75-80 mph on the highway. so should i go with the stock resonator OR try this one or maybe this one. any other resonator suggestions? i would love to keep the sound of the new muffler and the tone and just get rid of the drone.

if you need pics to help to understand what im talking about let me know

20120911_123130.jpg

20120911_125504.jpg

20120911_125456.jpg

20120911_130000.jpg

Last edited:
Back