No low end power after resonator delete/magnaflow muffler instal

JetLife

Reaction score
the piping doesnt look too bad. well not that we can tell from the pics.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Any ideas people?!

Not sure if itd make a big difference or not in terms of your back pressure...but why did you go with 2.5" and not the 2.25"(~60mm) that pretty much magnaflow, apexi ws2, yonaka, tanabe all come in?

Is the catalytic converter still on? Is it an actual cat.converter or a "highflow/straight pipe" one?

001Stunna

Reaction score
I went with stock diameter piping. And its a regular cat. Not high flow Or straight pipe. It was actually replaced a couple months ago

Stock piping is 2". Most catbacks as mentioned offer an increase up to 2.25". You got 2.5"(as you said)

That being said, could it be you "feel" you lost low end power because you hear the exhaust tone even at low rpms and your mind says "im hearing a growl but the cars not going anywhere"

---
Edit, nvm, i'm not sure why i thought i read you mentioning 2.5" piping.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
I did the exact same thing with my exhaust (2.5 piping and no res), and my car feels like I got more low end power, but I have a restrictive Apexi ws1 exhaust, that might be where the problem that you may be experiencing is coming from.

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
could it be you "feel" you lost low end power because you hear the exhaust tone even at low rpms and your mind says "im hearing a growl but the cars not going anywhere"

i thought of this. i was gonna take my moms 02 accord vp and experiment. we have two of the exact same cars. tehy are identical! same year, color, and trim level.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
The drone is caused by the lack of a resonator as mentioned. They must have crushed it excessively to cause low end problems. Normally the more back pressure you have the better response you will have on the low end, of course that's if it's not being chocked up.

Back