No low end power after resonator delete/magnaflow muffler instal

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
They must have crushed it excessively to cause low end problems. Normally the more back pressure you have the better response you will have on the low end, of course that's if it's not being chocked up.

tht's what i was getting at haha

Johnson

Reaction score
When putting a better flowing exhaust compared to stock it "shifts" the power band upwards into the higher rpms. That is what you are experiencing.

Your piping is crush bent, which doesnt look like it was bent excessively. You are fine on that

Yes to get rid of the drone you would need to put on a resonator, the dynomax is a good choice. The longer the resonator the less drone.

You have two options
keep your muffler setup lose a little bit of low end and gain top end
go back to stock and gain low end but lose top end

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
When putting a better flowing exhaust compared to stock it "shifts" the power band upwards into the higher rpms. That is what you are experiencing.

Your piping is crush bent, which doesnt look like it was bent excessively. You are fine on that

Yes to get rid of the drone you would need to put on a resonator, the dynomax is a good choice. The longer the resonator the less drone.

You have two options

He said the guy welded up the same diameter piping (I'm assuming it's oem diameter). No upgrade there aside from the muffler. I highly doubt the muffler alone is going to make any noticeable losses on the low end.

JetLife

Reaction score

You have two options

wait let me get this straight, are you saying with any aftermarket exhaust you buy, we'll loose low end and gain high end?

Back