A word about ROTM Voting

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
First, Eric will be posting the latest ROTM thread soon :) .

The ROTM is a competition, however, the staff here still expects people to compete with some integrity. We firmly believe that the 6GA ROTM should be chosen by the 6GA community, and not by friends from other websites or people you know from school or anywhere else.

Because of this, we do review votes when it seems as though one of the candidates may be trying to swing things in his/her direction by "outsourcing" votes from other communities.

If we determine, after looking at who's voted, that the winning candidate most likely had people register on the site just to vote for him, he will be stripped of the ROTM title.

The most recent ROTM was a close vote. And there were concerns about whether or not Wen aka "lwlba" may have been receiving votes from people who normally don't come to this website.

Wen did not cheat or outsource votes. Wen only received 1 vote from a recently registered member, and the staff believes that the member could easily have been a long-time lurker. Every other vote Wen received were from established 6GA members, and had he won he would have completely deserved it.

There were more suspicious votes from recently-registered members for other candidates however. We won't say who these votes were for or who the members are because it would only cause drama and it doesn't affect the ROTM winner.

From now on though, people need to realize that the ROTM WILL BE a fair competition among the 6GA community ONLY. In the future, I will continue to review the votes, and anyone that is found to be having people sign up just to vote from them will be expelled from the ROTM, barred from being nominated again, and banned from the site for at least 3 days. There are a lot of great people on here with cool cars, and everyone is going to play by the same rules.

nexTOme

Reaction score
i wish only common sense were so common.

ZFreak

Reaction score
*****Edit

Thanks for telling me this! We are going to look into it more. But i am just editing your post to keep the drama down in the thread. Sending you a pm also. Once again thanks for pointing this out because we would of never known this had been occurring without your post.
-00Accord4cyl

Last edited by a moderator:

hirichard

Reaction score
you should make it so you need a certain amount of posts to vote so this doesnt happen again

nexTOme

Reaction score
just an idea:

first, 6thgenaccord.com allow members with below certain amount of post count will only be able to post/interact/etc under one particular forum. these members are only given privilege to view posts in other forums.

second, these members are restricted to posting certain amount of post per day or something, so that they must be member for x days before allowed to post/interact in other forums.

third, this will resolve few issues we always seem to have.
- obviously, voting issue we discuss in this thread.
- FS section; members creating FS thread with under 50posts
- asking questions without searching, creating useless thread that will be locked within few hours or so.
- spam control
- noobs will more likely to be educated than they are now. i understand it will be hard for us to noob-prof 6thgenaccord.com, but this will at least reduce number of noobs we get invaded daily.
- overall, 6thgenaccord.com will be well-organized, searching can be easier, etc etc
- other advantages i cant think of.

only down side i can think of is maybe, less members signing up, or members quit visiting our site because they don't like our rules.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
you should make it so you need a certain amount of posts to vote so this doesnt happen again

I agree. It doesn't sound fair if people sign up just to vote. If there was a post limit before voting it would prevent this problem.

I like your idea as well Jae. It would eliminate a slew of problems that we have regularly. If people can't get past this 'trial' period, then they can just stick to searching and reading.

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^sounds like a plan :ioof6:

Sorry for the delay, but we are having to look into this more than expected.

Last edited:
Back