Oct/Nov ROTM Winner "RussianRed"

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
"Best 4cyl Accord"

I would like to say congrats to Nikita on winning ROTM for best 4cyl accord. He has been a long time member on the site, so it has been nice seeing the progress of his accord over the years.

1)
img8043h.jpg

2)
img8052.jpg

3)
img8060k.jpg

4)
img8065c.jpg

5)
img8094i.jpg

6)
img8111s.jpg

7)
img8127.jpg

8)
img8146r.jpg

9)
img8166h.jpg

10)
img8164.jpg

And here is the link to my video links on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/russianred00
Other Videos:
http://videos.streetfire.net/videos/search.aspx?p=1&w=1&o=5&c=All&t=russianred

OFFICIAL MOD LIST:
I have a 1999 V-Tec SOHC Accord LX Sedan, 5-Speed.

Engine/Performance:
+ Dark Emerald Pearl Custom Painted Valve Cover
+ OBX Racing Spark Plug Wires
+ NGK V-Power 2-Step Colder Copper Plugs
+ NRG Polished Engine Torque Damper
+ Centerforce DualFriction Clutch Kit
+ Fidanza 8lb. Lightweight Aluminum Racing Flywheel
+ Custom Shortshifter
+ Fidanza Shortshift Adapter
+ MOMO Competition Weighted Shift Knob
+ Nokya Racing Pedals
+ OEM V6 Accord Hood Dampers
+ Custom 3/4" Hood Spacers
+ Custom Engine Grounding Kit
+ Only Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil
+ Odyssey PC680 Drycell Small Battery

==>Turbo:<==
+ Turbonetics T-15396, T3/T04E, 57 Trim, 0.63 AR, 5-Bolt Exhaust Side Flange
+ Cast Iron Log-Type Manifold
+ Custom Exhaust: 2.5" Downpipe To 2.75" Flexpipe To 3" Straight Pipe Back To 3" Magnaflow Muffler & Tip.
+ DRAG Intercooler & Piping
+ Clampco T-bolt Clamps
+ Intake Cone Filter With Short Ram Extension
+ Tial 38mm Wastegate
+ Blitz Dual Drive Blow-off Valve
+ Custom Fabricated Dump Tube
+ Golden Eagle Vacuum Manifold
+ Tapped Engine Block for Oil Feed & Oil Pressure Gauge Lines
+ Tapped Oil Pan
+ Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
+ Xenocron P28 ECU Running <CROME>
+ Xenocron OBD2B to OBD1 Conversion Harness
+ Denso 480cc Injectors (Flowmatched, Flowtested)
+ DSM Low Impedance Resistor Box
+ OBD1 IACV, With 2-Wire Plug, and Blacktraxx Blockoff Mounting Plate
+ Megan Racing Fuel Pressure Regulator
+ Gauge Cluster Dual Pod
+ Autometer Phantom Boost Gauge
+ Sunpro Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge
+ NXS Manual Boost Controller
+ AEM UEGO 6-in-1 Wideband Controller
+ Apexi Black Pen-Type Turbo Timer

Exterior/Interior/Cosmetic:
+ OEM Honda Accord All-Weather Car Cover (Blue)
+ "6TH-GEN" Custom License Plate
+ Wings West W-Type Full Sedan Lip Kit
+ Debadged Rear "Accord" And "LX" Emblems
+ Painted OEM H Badges (Gunmetal)
+ Trim-Brite Used To Blackout And Conceal Chrome Window Trim
+ Tint: 20% All Around 5% Front Windshield Visor Strip
+ Gloss Black Painted Front Calipers & Rear Drums
+ Viper Keyless Entry and Alarm System
+ Apexcone 7,000K 35W HID System
+ 98-00 OEM Raybrig Fog Light Kit
+ Yellow Halogen High-Beam Bulbs
+ Silverstar Turn Signal Bulbs
+ Smoked Out Upper Tail Lights
+ SPW DEP Painted Eyelids
+ Custom Interior LED Lighting Kit (Green)
+ White LED Rear License Plate Light
+ Custom Upholstered Black Suede Glove Box and Arm Rest
+ JDM EK9 Sidemarkers

Wheels/Suspension/Brakes:
+ 18" Silver Enkei RSV Wrapped In 225/40 Tires
+ Eibach Front Strut Tower Bar
+ Progress 24mm Rear Sway Bar (For TL-S)
+ Moog Performance Chassis Linkages
+ Neuspeed Sport Springs
+ Gabriel Ultra Front Struts
+ Goodridge SS Brake Lines
+ EBC GreenStuff Brake Pads
+ "Boat-Look" Fix

Audio/Video:
+ RCA Lyra 100GB Audio/Video Player
+ Honda Factory Cassette Receiver
+ Factory front speakers
+ Pioneer rear speakers
+ 6" Dash-Mount LCD Screen
+ PlayStation 2

Future Modifications:
+ Coilover suspension setup of undecided specificity
+ Valentine 1 Radar Detector
+ Retrofit Headlights

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
1. Is this your first car?

This is my second car. My first car was a 1992 Mazda MX-6 LX 5MT. That car was a lot of fun, but it had 121k on it, and being bought as ‘reliable’ it didn’t even last me a summer. The CV axle went and clutch was failing even after I replaced the slave cylinder. These were problems I could easily fix, but I did not want to deal with them since I needed something reliable, and that particular MX-6 did not prove itself that way.

2. How did you end up with the accord?

I ended up with the Accord in August 2006, bone stock with 16” Primax rims. It remained at stock height for almost two years, and even saw a Megan Racing and Injen sticker on the passenger door for a little bit. That’s the furthest I ever was into the so-called ‘ricer’ stage. Quickly learning from none other than 6GA, I proceeded to take of that sticker crap off and was very happy.

3. When did you first start modifying cars?

This is relative to what one would consider modification. On the MX-6 I did minor modifications such as short-shifter, LED bulbs, and Sony Xplod head-unit. Not much more besides that. Oh, and air fresheners :hihi:. The real modification I got to only when I got the accord. I guess my first ‘real’ mod was the Centerforce DualFriction clutch with Fidanza 8lb. flywheel, which I did at the end of 2007.

4. Did you run into any problems along the way when you were modifying stuff?

I never ran into any problems really, but you can call it challenges. Even simple things like blackhousing and installing springs took me longer than it usually takes people. This is because I strived to be precise and perfect in my work. I’d rather it take me longer, than not have it done to my standards.

The first real challenge I ran into was my own idiotic mistake. Two winters ago, I suspected my car to be losing power so I did a compression test. Unknowingly I left the adapter from the compression tester in the second cylinder and tightened a spark plug on top of it like an idiot. Next, I broke two extractor bits trying to get it out of there and failed. I gave up and was forced to tow it to a shop where they extracted the fitting and metal shards from my engine for $190. Epic fail on my part, but it was a learning experience. Could have been much worse.

As I’m sure some of you have read in my turbo build thread, I had a small issue with my oil pan. Having all my parts pre-ordered and on-the-ready for my build, I was disappointed to find out that the brand new oil pan which I had bought and tapped did not fit my block! I was then forced to take my OEM pan (which I mangled in the process of removal), bend the edges back into shape, get it tapped on-demand at my tuner, and then install that. If this hadn’t happened, I would have had the car up and running in less than two days. The worst part is that I spent $45 on the new pan, $10 to get it tapped, and $20 to get the bung welded. When I contacted the company that it did not fit, they refused to take it back – leaving me with a bunk piece of equipment, claiming that since it was tapped they could not resell it. My concern was why would you resell a defective oil pan anyways?? The sellers handle on eBay is deutschepartsusa, so please refrain from purchasing their products.

5. Why do you do it? Why not leave it stock?

First of all, stock is boring. Second and most importantly – I have a passion for modifying vehicles. Whether it is a simple trim blackout, or serious engine modifications – I absolutely love it. It gives me satisfaction as well as pride and confidence in what I am passionate about. On this car I have done everything myself except installation of the clutch (since I had no time or tools) and tuning of the turbo, which ABEL Racing tuned. I do not do it for the people who stare at me driving by, or those calling me a ricer. I do it for myself, though I do appreciate compliments!

6. What other mods do you have planned for the car?

That shall remain undisclosed. I will say though, the car is currently cosmetically complete. Engine and performance-wise, we shall see what the future holds. Now that it is turboed, I’d like to turn it up to 9psi when I have the money and time. That is the highest boost this block will see since I am using it as a reliable daily driver. That’s right – I like the words ‘boosted’ and ‘reliable’ to go together, so I am not pushing my luck.

7. Any other cars you're tinkering with?

Recently, I have been working with my friend on his RX-8 which we completely stripped and gutted. It is getting a full wire tuck (interior and engine), and a custom built 3-rotor RX-7 powerplant from Canada, and the RX-7 transmission. I’ve also been helping some friends on their 6thgens with things like spring install and parting-out. I have plans for a project 1986 VW Golf that I have sitting in Maine at my father’s house. I also plan on making his 1993 Mazda Protégé inspection-worthy again since the floor is rotting. The engine is solid though and it still gets 40mpg.

8. What's your favorite thing about your car, specifically? Which money do you feel was your best investment?

The favorite thing about my car, is the fact that I have done to it everything I ever wished – The best lip kit for accords, sick, discontinued wheels, rare fogs, and most of all Turbo. I feel that every penny invested into my ride was worth it. To be specific though, I would say that the best three investments were the aftermarket clutch and flywheel install, the Progress 24mm rear sway bar, and the Wings West W-Type lip kit. The first two modifications do absolute wonders to the way the car drives and handles. The lip kit I could not pass up since I got it for $250, locally, and already painted my color! I have to mention the turbo as well, because I do believe it was worth it, but the price I paid to get what I wanted is definitely disproportional to other modifications I did. I also can't forget the fact that boosted accords are extremely rare. We have a bunch on the site, but even then they are not very common. I found out that I have the only boosted 6thgen in Oklahoma.

9. Is there anybody you would like to credit or thank for helping you along the way?

First off, I’d like to thank 6thgenaccord.com for the invaluable information and support that has been provided for me throughout my stay here.
Many thanks to Marc (Retroshark) for deciphering the mysteries of turbo to me, and taking the time to explain each and every little detail until I understood it. There were many variants of accomplishing things, and he guided me in the right path.

I'd like to thank Jason (AFAccord) for hooking me up with the OBD1 conversion materials and consistently helping me through the install.

Thank you Devin (Hotaccord243) for also being there when I needed help whether it be the resistor box, or advice on timing adjustment.

I must also mention Nick (Drift from Everything-Honda) as he helped me with the technicalities of wiring up the 2-wire IACV.

Thank you also to Nate (mraw112) and Dean (EnjoiPugs) for helping me to learn about this build!
Many thanks to the people at Xenocron, for providing me with a top of the line ECU, harness, and basemap!

Last but most definitely not least - endless thanks to Bo, Rudy and everyone else in Team Anarchy for accomodating a place for my project and helping me out when I was lost. I could not have done it without you guys!

I’d like to praise the tuning wizard, Andrei, and everyone else at ABEL Racing in Midwest City for tuning my car with perfection and being honest, accommodating, and caring professionals.

Thank you to Performance Muffler in Norman for fabricating my exhaust for me at a crackhead price!

I want to give mad props and shoutouts to my friend Chuc (Dynasty) who helped me greatly, from doing work on my car to having most, if not all of the parts for my turbo shipped to his house. Thanks bro!

Thank you to anyone else I may have forgotten, I am sorry, as all of this has been surreal for me and I am not leaving anyone out intentionally.

Thank you very much, and I am thrilled and honored to be voted ROTM!

- Nikita

Last edited:

Messingerzt

Reaction score
Congrats!

a really nice photoshoot is in order. pictures don't do it justice I think.

Back