Cmgreensr's 02 6 speed

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Good call on recognizing the car. The previous owner is Jefe02. :waytogo:
He was a great seller by the way.

They are Tein SS with pillow top mounts with EDFC. As far as the ions go, I think I'll hold on to them for awhile. I usually hold on to rare parts but I did just sell a set of all clear tails so you never know I guess.

Actually, I realized I was thinking of EscoStylez but it wasn't J-series, so yeah but it's cool man. Ah, EDFC.. Love those, if it could be compatible on mine SA haha. Well, Are you trying to lower the ride height on the SS w/ the Swift springs? I didn't know Swift's fit on Tein dampers.

Don't let them collect dusts on the ions! At least, let's keep them visually present, so you can appreciate your possession. These might be daring objects on your cabinet next to your TV in the living room or something. :)

Wow, I guess the rare parts are still flowing around to this date. Yup, you def never know, otta playing the hunting game to know that haha.

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Actually, I realized I was thinking of EscoStylez but it wasn't J-series, so yeah but it's cool man. Ah, EDFC.. Love those, if it could be compatible on mine SA haha. Well, Are you trying to lower the ride height on the SS w/ the Swift springs? I didn't know Swift's fit on Tein dampers.

Don't let them collect dusts on the ions! At least, let's keep them visually present, so you can appreciate your possession. These might be daring objects on your cabinet next to your TV in the living room or something. :)

Wow, I guess the rare parts are still flowing around to this date. Yup, you def never know, otta playing the hunting game to know that haha.

Yeah the idea with the swifts is to give me a little more adjustment and the rate is slightly firmer. It took multiple communications with Tein to make it a reality.

As far as the ions, the won't collect dust forever. They will get installed on occasion and will most likely be turned into a nice set of retros using a back up set of reflectors and housings from Depo. The rare parts game is alive and well if you are hungry and on the hunt. It just means a lot more time on social media to find what you're looking for before anyone else lol.

Thanks man, previous owner gave me a great starting point and I'm just trying to carry on from there!

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^^ Interesting. Wonder if Tein guys were recommending you for some of 'their' springs instead, because they'd be able to custom-order a set of springs to your preference, iirc. Well, maybe you already had the Swifts in good deal or something at that time. But it's very good to know that there's one compatible choice for the Street series on Tein. Can't wait to see how you'll like them.

Sounds like a plan, man. Good idea for going with Depo's housings imo. I black housed on a set of used factory pieces, and boy oh boy, the chrome surface was pita to keep away from being pealed off by the painters tape. (10+ yrs of bare UV exposure 'n temperature fluctuations, I suppose.)

I guess that seems to be more effective way of getting the rare parts besides the boring eBay search with click 'n scroll x100. Maybe I should start doing the Facebook lol. Might need to socialize a bit more for real but,, I'm so out of it haha. :ehcapt:

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Well well, look who it is. I didn't know you were 6 speed. What shift knob do you have?

I am a man of many secrets Evan lol. Besides, I've only posted 1 pic of the car on Facebook.

Right now I have the TL 6 speed knob and if I ever remember to put it on, I have this one in my glove box:

phi1542

Reaction score
Wow nice shift knob haha I just got some cheap weighted shift knob and it makes the shifting way better imo.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Small update since I had to deal with some medical stuff lately. Ended up putting in a new hood latch, main relay and my new joker themed headlights. Also tried to swap my steering wheel but someone really torqued that bolt on!

Many changes still to come, hopefully the first will be a bath! The car is filty

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The headlights definitely work best on a black car. Could maybe work on a red one too. Where did you buy your hood latch btw, might replace mine.

Back