DIY: Front & rear emblem change

Toyojake

Reaction score
I know this is pretty straight forward, but I thought I'd make a DIY on this, since mine was a little creative.

Time: 30-45 minutes
Difficulty: 1-2

Tools needed: Goo Gone, needle nose pliers, new emblems, sandpaper, (optional) 3M tape, towels, scissors (optional)

IMG_1187.jpg

The factory rear Honda logo, is held on by 2 small pegs in the center of the H and a strip of adhesive tape at the top of the outer ring. Just heat up the emblem with a hair dryer, just like if you were debadging. Once you have it off, carefully pull the small plastic pieces left in the holes out if they didn't come out with the emblem. I used a combination of my finger nail (with a towel of course), and a small pair of needle nose pliers. Once thats out, use a clean rag to wipe away the dirt and use goo gone to remove the left over adhesive tape. Pretty simple really.

IMG_1184.jpg

The front emblem: The front emblem on my 2002 coupe was held on by 2 screws behind it. Easily accessed without removing anything. Just a small screwdriver with the hood up obviously.
IMG_1168.jpg

Once the emblem is off, it is 2 pieces. The black backing and the chrome logo itself. You can choose to reuse the backing, or replace it depending on the size of your new logo. My new logo was a tad smaller than the factory logo.
IMG_1169-1.jpg

This is whats behind the emblem, so take some of that goo gone and clean it up before moving on.
IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

Do notice that the back piece has 6 small notches around the edge. These will need to be sanded down.
IMG_1177.jpg

I then used very thin strips of 3M double sided tape to re-attach the black piece to the grill.
IMG_1179.jpg

My new emblems, already had some adhesive tape on them (if your new ones don't its really easy to apply, just make sure you clean everything with alcohol first to ensure that it sticks well.) I took my tape measure, and measured the piece to center the new emblem on it, then just apply it.
IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

Happy modding everyone!

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
hopefully you got the real ones, and not the plastiky ones... I made that mistake once. gotta love the red emblem

CARVERitUP

Reaction score
you don't suppose that will work with a sedan's front badge, do you?

Because the sedan bumpers are a littttle more effed up :aznrun:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
+ Rep for giving an effort. I think this might have been done already. But ohwell, nice job!

shyste

Reaction score
wait ...... so how do you put on the regular one. i have the 02 bumper and the emblem but don't get how im suppose to put it on !?

WizadOfOz

Reaction score
wait ...... so how do you put on the regular one. i have the 02 bumper and the emblem but don't get how im suppose to put it on !?

There is a process, for my 98 sedan you have the emblem 'H' that mounts to the base and the base then mounts to the bumper with two rear screws that need to be accessed through the front of the radiator.

Back