Front Adjustable UCAs - Suggestions

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
I'll tell you first, that there really aren't any front adjustable UCA's. There is however an adjustable upper ball joint available thru several manufacturers (like Moog, AC Delco and others). The Ball joints themselves (each) cost more than a complete UCA (or a pair of UCA's from Detroit Axle). If this is to fix a camber wear issue, you might want to look at replacing the uppers with standard parts, and then doing the lowers with standard parts. This should get you close to stock spec.
It's also what I'm looking at doing on my wife's car, as the toe in is on the money, but it's wearing the inner 1 inch of tread on both front tires. But then at 238K, it's probably more than due for parts replacement. On hers, I'm looking at doing the lowers first.
I replaced the UCA's on my 99, but I was also in there doing other work, and had the entire front end apart at the time. The only thing extra that I had to do was remove the strut assembly on both sides to get to the bolts. Note; those bolts just screw into the surrounding metal around the strut tower. I was mainly replacing the ball joints on my own car, which is why I swapped out the UCA's. The uppers and lowers were shot on mine (very sloppy).
You can't use offset bolts here either, as you'd have no way of locking them down. If you could find some offset UCA bushings, and combined it with an adjustable upper ball joint, then you'd have something to work with. However, I didn't see any offset bushings offered anywhere, not even e-bay.
I hope this helps.

I came across this one site by happenstance, www.heeltoeauto.com. They seem to have the Ingalls Engineering UCAs I was searching for.

There's always the ACDelco (LEFT / RIGHT) stuff I was I was looking at after you said that there aren't any aftermarket adjustable control arms out there. The ACDelco stuff is FAR cheaper than the Ingalls stuff. And the cheapest I've seen the Honda OEM stuff is the same price as the Ingalls stuff. So basically, if I'm going for spendy, I'll get the Ingalls adjustable units, but if I'm going for cheap and reliable aftermarket, I'll go with ACDelco.

Like I said before, I just don't want to have my front tires' inner camber chewed up faster than necessary.

Last edited:

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I came across this one site by happenstance, www.heeltoeauto.com. They seem to have the Ingalls Engineering UCAs I was searching for.

There's always the ACDelco (LEFT / RIGHT) stuff I was I was looking at after you said that there aren't any aftermarket adjustable control arms out there. The ACDelco stuff is FAR cheaper than the Ingalls stuff. And the cheapest I've seen the Honda OEM stuff is the same price as the Ingalls stuff. So basically, if I'm going for spendy, I'll get the Ingalls adjustable units, but if I'm going for cheap and reliable aftermarket, I'll go with ACDelco.

Like I said before, I just don't want to have my front tires' inner camber chewed up faster than necessary.
I like how they worded the function of the "ACA", in that it's for getting more room for suspension movement at the inner fender well. No where does it mention adjusting camber for tire wear.
I still think doing the lowers would gain you more in your fight on tire wear. Add a good set of AC Delco uppers, and then take it in for an alignment, and see IF you still need to tip the top of the tires out. And if you do, then add some adjustable upper ball joints to the upper arms. It might not be the best way to go about it, but you'll know what you have.
That's my plan for my wife's car (2000 Accord), as it eats the inner 1 inch off the fronts on it. I've checked the toe in, and it's right on the money, so it's not that. We've had the car 4 years now, and the first thing we did to it was put tires on it. She put 30K on some 40-50K tires, and that's when I noticed the wear. Fortunately it was right before winter, so she's got good tires for this winter. In the spring-summer I'll do the front end on it.

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
I have been doing some reading on that brand of products, and lots of everything I've read doesn't seem to be that great. Add to that, that I contacted the company directly through their eBay store asking how much the cost was (if the listed cost was fro just one arm or for both - they said both), but I also asked them if the ball joints are replaceable. They completely ignored that part of my question!!

Anyway, I think I'm going to be doing what I said above and just go with the ACDelco arms, and if needed later, get the adjustable ball joints.

Bikes

Reaction score
If you were going to get replacement parts, I'd contact Tru Hart directly (maybe via their website). I'm sure that anything will be better than blown out uca's

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe they don't make those anymore. All the more reason for me to hold onto mine

Back