Quixx Scratch Removal Kit

98accordEX

Reaction score
9/10
$15
Rite Aid

Applied to serious scuff marks and scratches on rear plastic bumper after being ran into.

After precleaning area, I applied this product and the marks disappeared very quickly. Crack marks were also improved.

Pros: Quick removal. Nice shine. Can't wait to try on metal when needed.

Cons: Price

Before and after pics:

http://freehosting.6thgenaccord.com/v/98accordEX/IMG_1054.jpg.html

osiriskidd

Reaction score
how long does it last... cuz i know when i buff things they go away...but after a week it shows right back up

Crono139

Reaction score
Hmm, the price isn't that bad.

All products like that go for a similar price.

98accordEX

Reaction score
Hmm, the price isn't that bad.

All products like that go for a similar price.

True, not bad at all just not as cheap as some products such as Meguiars Scratch X, Paint Cleaner, etc.

how long does it last... cuz i know when i buff things they go away...but after a week it shows right back up

Yea I just did it and didn't even think about that...so I will update in a week or so!

simplicity

Reaction score
Did you try some polisher on that before you tried this? The marks on the bumper looked more like the paint transfered from the other vehicle/object and it might have come off pretty easy with some polishing compound followed by a layer of wax.

98accordEX

Reaction score
Did you try some polisher on that before you tried this? The marks on the bumper looked more like the paint transfered from the other vehicle/object and it might have come off pretty easy with some polishing compound followed by a layer of wax.

Well it wasn't paint but you are right that it could have come off with another cheaper product...wish I tried it to test.

twistedxnipple

Reaction score
Went out to buy this stuff at riteaid, really was 15bucks in the automotive aisle. Scratches really smoothed out. My gf backed up in a parking space and she just learned 5spd. Called me and told me she bumped some metal piece sticking out and i thought it impaled my car! Well, in the end the paint is cracking and got crack viens all over. I need to go out and get a touch up pen. Anyone know any good places/prices?

7/10 until i get the touch up pen. Quixx doesn't work on big scratches.

98accordEX

Reaction score
Went out to buy this stuff at riteaid, really was 15bucks in the automotive aisle. Scratches really smoothed out. My gf backed up in a parking space and she just learned 5spd. Called me and told me she bumped some metal piece sticking out and i thought it impaled my car! Well, in the end the paint is cracking and got crack viens all over. I need to go out and get a touch up pen. Anyone know any good places/prices?

7/10 until i get the touch up pen. Quixx doesn't work on big scratches.

Yes crack marks were not removed from my (plastic) bumper with this product either and after second thought I lower my rating to 8/10

However, I don't know if there is any product that can remove cracks or marks from cracks...probably would need repainting of some sort.
Point is that I think "crack marks" and "big scratches" are not the same thing...
Pep Boys sells "Duplicolor" Touch Up Paint and Spray Matching Paint each for less than $5 a bottle/can. There is a book there that you can match your color code with from engine bay color code. Other Automotive shops should have similar products too. Good luck on the results.

BTW: The scratches and scuff marks have not reappeared on my bumper

Last edited:
Back