New in oregon

99Cg5sedan

Reaction score
Hi. New to the forum. I just recently purchased my first cg. I really like it so far. It's a bone stock f23 5mt with 267k miles and still runs like a champ. I've no set plans as of yet but I know it will end up boosted or swapped in the future. But for now it runs good so I'm going to focus on maintenance to make sure everything is good before I start really messing with it. Only issues at the moment is an oil leak from what looks to be the valve cover on the trans side. And some clunking when hitting bumps in the front end. And on top of all that I do have a question. My headlights come on when I turn on the key. Is there any way to bypass it? It bothers me. Lol. Thanks in advance.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Good plan, welcome to the site. For the clunking check your suspension, sway bar endlinks, etc. Do the headlights come on full strength or is it a DRL? What setting is your headlight stalk set on?

99Cg5sedan

Reaction score
Ya I'm in the process of replacing the rear end links and bushings since both end links we're broken but broke 2 bolts taking it off so it will be fixed once I get those out. My next plan was to replace everything in the front end since it all looks pretty well worn and it wouldn't hurt for it to be all new. Lol. Thank you for the suggestion though. And the headlights are on full strength. And it's only the headlights. None of my park lights or dash lights come on until I actually turn them on with the switch and when I turn everything on by the switch the headlights don't change whatsoever. I thought maybe it was normal but I see other 6th gen accords driving around daily with no headlights on.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
welcome to the forum :beer:

no 6GA comes with DRLs standard unless it's from canada

datechboss101

Reaction score
Welcome! What does the speedo read (Km/H as dominant or MPH as dominant)? If its KM/H, then its a Canadian version, like Darkside Accord mentioned. However, the PO(s) might have modded the wiring to the headlights to make it run when the key is placed in the ignition.

99Cg5sedan

Reaction score
It reads mph. And I was looking at the wiring at the headlights to see if anything had been modified and it doesn't look like it. I will have to look elsewhere I guess to see if I can find anything. And thanks for all the welcomes.

99Cg5sedan

Reaction score
So I did a little more looking and I believe my car is a Canadian model. So any help on fixing the headlights coming on with the key would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
is it the low beam or high beam area that lights up? the OEM DRL would light up the high beam bulbs only. if that's the case and you just want them off, there should be a DRL fuse in the interior fuse panel.

Back