Need to go lower--help!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The tire runs so wide that it's about 8 inches wide if I actually go and measure the width of it. I don't understand it.

Your rim width is actually 8" total, but they are stamped as 7" because rim width is measured bead to bead. So if your tire measures 8" wide, then that means the sidewall is pretty much straight and is not ballooning outward.

If you ever want to go lower, you've got to make sacrafices =/

Truf, took me a while to learn this.

Pics please

Pretty much.

joeygkb

Reaction score
The tire does ballon out though, that's my issue. I can get the rolled that's fine I just don't want to be running in the front without liners. Where do the tabs get relocated to?

Sorry it's dark and rainy here, but some photos for y'all!

a8a3eput.jpg

nybyvyge.jpg

y4e8uquv.jpg

mrnude

Reaction score
By liner guessing you mean the plastic cover. Rolling the fenders will most likely make the holes inaccessible but you can use a flat head to tuck it in where the fender was rolled

joeygkb

Reaction score
If I really would be able to wedge the liner into the tabs that are rolled then that would be great. I don't really see how I'd be able to do that without stretching the liner though. I just really don't want to run without the liners because of gunk getting thrown into the engine compartment, door jams, all over the back of my retrofits... It'll just be really annoying and messy, plus it leaves the wiring and good release more open which worries me a little.

Any possibility of me being able to fabricate something else to have in there to cover/protect those things instead of the actual liner? Then I could roll the fenders in the front and drop it down!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've only seen one person do this and he's a buddy of mine with a sick EG coupe that was just featured in a mag.

Make templates of your fender wells with cardboard, trace template onto trash cans, cut to fit.

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
You worrid about your wiring? I drive with no liner, havnt for like 4 or 5 yeRs. And I live in Orlando, where its always raining heavy. Everything on my car is fine. As someone said above, raise up your car because you are not ready.

joeygkb

Reaction score
Really don't understand where the whole "not ready" and "too soon" is all about--I'm just looking to have a question answered.

1, the tire physically rubs at times in the front. 2, I'm asking because I don't want to mess anything up on the car. Obviously the fender liners and whatever else is there was done for a reason. So that's why I'm asking.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Really don't understand where the whole "not ready" and "too soon" is all about--I'm just looking to have a question answered.

1, the tire physically rubs at times in the front. 2, I'm asking because I don't want to mess anything up on the car. Obviously the fender liners and whatever else is there was done for a reason. So that's why I'm asking.

There are some sacrifices you must make if you want to live the low life. Like cutting your fender liner, cutting your strut towers, and rolling / pulling your fenders.

I understand that you don't want to do any cutting and that's why every 1s saying that your not ready

Ok now to answer your question do you still have the stock rims? If so put them on, your problem seems to be the offset on your rims. Good luck with that

Back