reverse glow gauges

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
anyone installed these on their cars? i'm looking to buy one but the seller brought to my attention 2 potential problems.

1. where to put the switch that adjusts brightness and color (it swtiches from green to blue)
2. he said it might be difficult to center the gauge once you remove the needles.

anyone have these and ran into those problems?

blindside

Reaction score
you don't have to remove the needles.. you just slide the gauges in, just make sure your gauge cluster snaps back into place so you won't have a problem of the needle sticking.. i had my adjustment knob underneath the dash (i was too lazy to screw it somewhere) :D

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Personally, i don't like them, i think the look is outdated and there are better things out there. But, i've had them in the past. I wired them up to to the cigarette ligher, the most obviously 12 volt source and put the dimmer on the lower dash since you really don't mess with it.

As for the needles. Some kits have holes big enough to not have to remove the needles. But many times you have to remove. And no matter how careful, usually your tach and speedo will be off. Temp and gas are easy, just make a mark before hand with some white out and whip it off when it's right. Tach, you can either mark the idle or redline it and push the needle on. I recommend doing both to verify, whatever every you prefer, just mark idle and make sure it redlines the same.

Speedo, this is where things get interesting. The best way is to check your speed in atleast 2 gears vs the tach. If you are AT, it might be a bit harder, but you can manually shift down.

Best solution if you do need to remove the needle...Get a data logger. Then you can actually check your tach and speedo against your sensors. In my talon, it was actually more accurate afterwards (which made since in traffic). Thats what i used after my LED project, back to normal.

6THGEN_AI4

I like it but not the ones that goes blue/green.... I likes the ones the blacknight has (I guess is him). In my opinion anything out there looks better than stock speedo...........
Unless you go LED (like talinsiawd) which I love the work you did but as I posted it requires more complicated stuff.

Back