Need help with Ball joints

Roadrage

Reaction score
Does anyone have any DIY or has anyone replaced their lower ball joints on a 01 accord? :confused: I am really trying to avoid the dealership.

Thank you in advance

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yes, i did it myself about 2 weeks ago.

ummm...as far as a DIY goes, do you have a honda balljoint popper and balljoint extractor kit?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
a regular one should work, i just said a "honda one" cause every honda uses the same mounting system :)

do you have the press-in kit though? its possible to do with a c-clamp and some short piping, but that would be a PITA.

Roadrage

Reaction score
Couldnt i just place the bolt on it and it will press it in or use a BFH to put it in? No doubt the self help garage will have a press for me to use. Thanks man

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
nope, it needs to be pressed in evenly. if you use the bolt, it will go in circles and left and right cause of the torque on the bolt. does that make sense? lol...theres no way you could even get a LFH back there since the upper arm is in the way, also part of the hub is directly above it...the balljoint is recessed into the axle mount.

basically doing it without the press-in kit will destroy the joint making it little pieces you have to pick out, and putting it back in will be a PITA.

i can do one side start to finish in 45 minutes with the right tools...book time is 2 hours per side :thumbsup:

Back