clunk noise when shifting from park.

indowanksta88

Reaction score
oh dude, just go to honda and complain about it, our tranny's have life time warranty, my car has 59k miles rite now and at 57k miles, my tranny oil started leaking adn when i took it to honda, they said i had a life time warranty on teh tranny's so they replaced teh tranny for free.. but when u take it in, to check wat is wrong, they will charge $120 or some ****, but yea other than that, they will either fix ur tranny or replace it, they replaced mine, so my tranny has about 2.5k miles on it.

osiriskidd

Reaction score
i'll go have it looked at. it only has 66k miles on it =] thanks

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
1998accordsirt said:
Actually nearly all Honda automatic gearboxes are just modified manuals. Don't know if this holds true for newer Hondas, but at least for cars from the 80s and 90s.

how's that work? how do you modify a manual to include planetary gears and still have it resemble a manual at all

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
/\/\ someone knows alil bout an automatic.... planetary gearsets and clutch packs ftw!

Crono139

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, but only after the car has been sitting overnight.

oholdeno

Reaction score
here's what you do

my girlfriend lives on a hill so that's what i have to park on ALL the time. here's what works for me:

if you hold the brake, put it in park, pull the e-brake, then let go of the brake, the car will move a little if you are on a hill (at least for me). putting the car in d4 afterwards causes a loud thunk sound.

so the order i use is this and i use it all the time:

hold the brake
pull the ebrake
let go of the brake (this will put the weight of the car on the emergency brakes)
then put the car in park (this puts the LEAST strain on the tranny especially on the parking gear)

shifting to d4 is smooth with no clunks or other awful noises. works every time and it might save ur tranny!

minituck04

Reaction score
indowanksta88 said:
oh dude, just go to honda and complain about it, our tranny's have life time warranty, my car has 59k miles rite now and at 57k miles, my tranny oil started leaking adn when i took it to honda, they said i had a life time warranty on teh tranny's so they replaced teh tranny for free.. but when u take it in, to check wat is wrong, they will charge $120 or some ****, but yea other than that, they will either fix ur tranny or replace it, they replaced mine, so my tranny has about 2.5k miles on it.

wtf. lifetime warranties. yr make and model on this car you speak of.

oholdeno said:
my girlfriend lives on a hill so that's what i have to park on ALL the time. here's what works for me:

if you hold the brake, put it in park, pull the e-brake, then let go of the brake, the car will move a little if you are on a hill (at least for me). putting the car in d4 afterwards causes a loud thunk sound.

hold the brake
pull the ebrake
let go of the brake (this will put the weight of the car on the emergency brakes)
then put the car in park (this puts the LEAST strain on the tranny especially on the parking gear)

shifting to d4 is smooth with no clunks or other awful noises. works every time and it might save ur tranny!

sh1ts sounds like some sort of code to a video game. left left right up down a b a b

rwong410

Reaction score
I just shift out of park while I still have my e-brake on then I let the e-brake go and usually the sound doesn't occur.

Mojeans69

Reaction score
oholdeno said:

hold the brake
pull the ebrake

When your on a hill...once you get in the space that is what you do

Back