Can i add on a navi. from my laptop onto a non touch screen pop-out tv ?

Nyc Demente

Reaction score
Hola Members :afro:

i wanted to know if its possible to install navi. from my laptop onto my non touch screen pop out t.v ( the only thing behide the T.v is a bunch of rca cables) ?

My friend was telling me that i can get my laptop which has navi. on it and get a conection from like radioshack that goes from a rca port to a connection that goes into the laptop and also buy a wireless mouse and wireless key board and hide the laptop. Then do everything from the mouse and key board .

i really dont want to buy a tv with navi ( which i know it would be easy ) but my girl got it for me not knowing .(i dont want to make her feel bad. )

1 ).Is it possible?
2).Any other way to make it happen?
3).is there a cable out for sale to do it?
4).Im open ears ......... Help

Demente :peace:

Jeffro

Reaction score
Nyc Demente said:
1 ).Is it possible?
2).Any other way to make it happen?
3).is there a cable out for sale to do it?

1. Yes its possible. Certain systems are going to be easier than others. When I bought my laptop, I got it with an RCA video output, so for me, it would be "plug and play" to turn that monitor into my laptop monitor (And I could still use my laptop separately, too :thumbsup: )

2. I don't know any other way other than getting a cable, unless you're talking about getting a separate monitor for it

3. I don't know if there is a cable out there at a place like radio shack, but I'm sure there is one. You may have to get some sort of video TBC or frame-sync to get it to work too, I'm not sure. I'm assuming you have one of those "blue" monitor plugs on the back of your laptop?

4. Ok...

Nyc Demente

Reaction score
yea i do lol
thanks for the info i will start my lil project on my baby .

Last edited:

NightStriker

Reaction score
first off I assume you want GPS navagation. Because without GPS it is just a map. So to solve that problem you need a usb GPS antenna.Click Here Also what brand is the screen. Because you can sometimes buy a nav unit for the headunit. Hope this helps :)

Nyc Demente

Reaction score
yes it really helps . my girl got me a pyle pop out system ( no touch screen or usb inserts only rca's in the back of the unit )

thanks NightStriker

demente

kapao818

Reaction score
does the screen have a input? cause laptops have a output port for their screen *used for presentations and stufff* and you can just use monitor cable to connect both of them up.

dynasty

Reaction score
wow. we think a like. HAHA. i've been doing my carpc project for awhile now. being doing lots of planning and stuff. i finally got GPS on my laptop also. i recommend you searching more threads from mp3car.com. LOTS of info for what you need.

1 ).Is it possible? anything is possible.
2).Any other way to make it happen? buy a Xenarc screen, mold it into your dash OR mount it near your dash, and power it up. hard part is hiding the wires and power it up.
3).is there a cable out for sale to do it? there's 2 types of cables you need for the screen, either use a RCA or a VGA. VGA is better to me because the screen is more clearer.
do LOTS of planning before you do this project. it took me almost a year to complete the carpc project. i have a friend who has a coupe 6th gen who mold his screen into his dash. took him the whole summer for the research along with what programs needed. all this info is mostly about a computer inside the car. a little more than GPS navi but since your using a laptop, might as well do the whole complete carpc right? if you want to learn more, post some questions and i'll try to answer them for you.

Back