Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ur ****in crazy...

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

d1ma

Reaction score
Alright, now i don't know who can agree with me on this but god damn is it ****ing hard to buy a new car. I mean to me there is just so ****in much that i look for but i always somehow let my imagination drive and end up over my spending budget. The reason for me posting here is because there's a alternative; Build my accord.

I have a stock 01 accord. It's on its 2nd trans :furious:, and im believing that something is slowly going wrong w/ the syncros or i could be a ****tard. Anyway i drive it like im on pension w/ a broken leg :D. I'm thinking, what are my options as far as dumping money in the accord.

Yes i know i wont get any of this back, but this accord somehow fits me too nicely. I was looking at a4's, s4, 300c, 190E Cosworth (For all you who don't know what this is.... the time for Google is now), ls400, gs300, g35 and a couple others. so you can see the variety is definatly there. I'm tall... 6'5" tall. So anything thats too sporty is uncomfortable. the b7 chassis for the Audi is about bare minimum, as my gf's TT is too claustrophobic.

Anyway, to the point. With 10k what am i looking at as maximum reliable whp? Now if i can get away with similar numbers for say 5k less... thats nice. But like i said reliable. I drive 70mi a day easy so its gonna have to last. CL-s swaps have been considered and i saw one on cardomain thats making something like 359whp :thumbsup: .

To summarize if my nonesence has bored u : Budget - 10-15k. Should i sell the car and get something else? or What are my options as far as maximum hp/reliability? If you have any suggestions please please please tell me.

Just please don't tell me to buy a cobra.... :huh:

DaAccord98

Reaction score
well in my opinion just do the swappin of the CL-S engine and tranny to ur accord and then use the Comptech Supercharger and homie ur good 2 go =)

d1ma

Reaction score
i vote for me crazy 2....

&& what do u mean by who am i?

daaccord98....sick sig

PROJECT H

Reaction score
voted 4 the g35, but for the cheepest route... just keep the accord and do a swap.

theaccordian

Reaction score
first of all the majority of those cars (g35) arent in the 10-15k range. but if youre requirements are: roomy, powerful, dependable, and cheap, definately dont stick with the accord, those trannys are ticking timebombs. IN fact dont get any honda with a V6 and an auto from 98-02. swapping is a waste of money, only engien worth swapping is j32, which is like 5k since theyre so rare + plus labor. Sell the car and add that 7 g's the swap woulda cost and get another car.

If it were my choice Id look for a used IS300: RWD(fun), power (NA supra Motor), roomy ( its a sedan), relatively cheap(can be found for 15k), and the sticker for me..toyota reliablity. :driving:

Last edited:

highway_patrol

Reaction score
im gonna have to go with theaccordian on this one because is300's can be had for fairly cheap. when i worked at a dealership back in 05 we sold an 03 is300 loaded with 30K mi for around $14K.

EDIT: it was auto.

Last edited:

Nemo619

Reaction score
I'm with theaccordian and highway_patrol on this one. If I could, I would sell my 6thgen for an IS300 (miss rwd), but I have a manual 4. Good luck?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aaaand I'm gonna say no mo' threads till you introduce yo'self. Got a problem w/ it, talk to the hand.

I'll reopen this once I see a thread from you in the right forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back