HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Re: another 6SPD swap..

I really don't know why you'd be jealous of an auto j30.

I think he meant, doing a 6 speed swap, we should all be jealous. I already have a 5 speed, if I want to run with a 6 speed, all I'd need is 5psi on stock internals with a good tune.

Last edited:

jaz

Reaction score

haha stop hating on my auto iz gonna cry! im swapping!! im swapping!! once im done with the 6th speed and i pop a j32 or j35(havent decided) in with supercharger you all are toast!!! muwahaha :flipoff:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

haha stop hating on my auto iz gonna cry! im swapping!! im swapping!! once im done with the 6th speed and i pop a j32 or j35(havent decided) in with supercharger you all are toast!!! muwahaha :flipoff:
just use your own j30 and supercharge it, or if u find a nice j32 with 6 speed. Use that. Save a little cash is what im trying to say.

jaz

Reaction score

lol imma stick to 6spd swap for now haha those are all fewcha planz :p

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score

Think about upgrading the flywheel/clutch kit if you can afford it. You might regret it later if you don't. I recommend the Aasco flywheel/clutchmasters clutch kit. Especially sicne you can find the flywheel for the same price and the clutch kit for only twice as much.

jaz

Reaction score

i appreciate the advice man... i was looking to have more of a performance tranny so i should have such upgrades... i'm still getting working on getting a more definate part list... when i get such ill post it up, the one on the first page was more of a preliminary part list to get a general idea of what i'm doing i guess... :beer:

jaz

Reaction score

*update*

found 2 possible transmissions!!

1) 2004 Honda Accord Coupe 6SPD w/ 20,293 miles

2) 2003 Acurca CL 6SPD w/ 59,000 miles

any input on either?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Can't go wrong with either. The only reason anyone considers the CL's tranny is that it has the LSD. But I read something in TheHunter's 6spd conversion thread about how it's a "torsen" type only, which lends itself to helping in turns but that's about it. My impression from that was that it's not a full blown LSD. But I could be wrong.

I'd say whichever's cheaper or easier to install, etc...and lower mileage is always attractive...

Last edited:

jaz

Reaction score

im still waiting on the quote for the accord tranny.......... :eusa_wall:

SeanXtec

Reaction score

I say save some cash by going with the accord trans, you could probably buy a j32 in good shape with the money you would save.

Back