jaz

Reaction score
Ok so my friend had his timing belt replaced after it slipped off and he just got his car back today and his CEL was on... i reset his ecu and nothing, went to autozone but they didnt have obd1 so we had my friend get it checked with his ghetto paperclip method and it threw out the CYP sensor code. His engine at startup sounds like Brr-er-rum-rum-rum if that helps lol but really his car hesitates before accelerating... he drives a 94 integra rs

Another question about MY intake.. i want to put my filter straight to my intake manifold w/o a pipe.. good idea? bad idea? input? reasons why im stupid? thanks

:Starwars:

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Re: CYP sensor/Intake question

I think you can do it. The only argument you will get is the fact that "hot air" will be drawn into the intake.

I don't think it would have that much negative effect myself, but I'm sure there's a lot of arguments I'd hear against my logic... (which is that we're talking about a difference of like 1-2 hp) -- and yes, I guess every hp does count....

But yeah, no arguments from me on either side of the table, to each their own, if you wanna throw the filter there, do it! It really doesnt matter if people disagree - its your ride.

jaz

Reaction score

ok well what do i do with the wires that attach into the side of the intake pipe? i dont even know what they are...

ALSO, the more important topic here cause my friend's getting antsy... any info on the CYP sensor??? thanks:canada:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

Can you tell me how ur friends car does not have bent valves after is timing belt slipped. There is a reason I ask, all honda i4 are interfearence engines, if the belt breaks or slips your ****ed. It probably has head damage so it runs bad. And putting ur filter directly to ur throttle body is gay, I sometimes wonder how ur going to do all these swaps with ur car.no pun intended..

That said, you seriously need to get a haynes manual and read the whole thing, then re-search some after market parts to learn the basic fundamentals of increasing ur cars performance

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

ok well what do i do with the wires that attach into the side of the intake pipe? i dont even know what they are...

its a tube from the valve cover. you can have it go to the intake, or you can put a breather little air filter thing on the valve cover. as far as putting the filter directly on the throttle body, imo, its pretty dumb and pointless. youll suck in probably even hotter air than a short ram.

for your friends car, as far as i know, when a timing belt breaks or slips off, thats never good, ever. most motors that that happen to usually need new valves and/or slight head work in case it ****ed anything up. but idk for sure.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

its a tube from the valve cover. you can have it go to the intake, or you can put a breather little air filter thing on the valve cover. as far as putting the filter directly on the throttle body, imo, its pretty dumb and pointless. youll suck in probably even hotter air than a short ram.

for your friends car, as far as i know, when a timing belt breaks or slips off, thats never good, ever. most motors that that happen to usually need new valves and/or slight head work in case it ****ed anything up. but idk for sure.

Correct. When the belt breaks or even slips one tooth, the valves will be miss timed with the pistons and collide Into eachother. In any of these cases u will
Have engine damage, even if ur car runs afterwards, it will most likely sound and run ****ty

Back