'01 Accord G23 build.. & 2-piston Caliper swap

silverstrike

Reaction score
Hey there everyone. My names Zee and I'm a new member to the forum and this is my first thread but I am familiar with the site.
So heres my plan. I want to do a G23 swap on my 2001 Honda Accord EX sedan. I'm going to be using an H22 head and F23 block (duh). Also along with doing the build I'm going to be doing a 2-piston caliper swap.

G23 breakdown:
- H22 Head
- AEM Tru-Time Cam Gears
- JDM H22A Camshaft (looking for Skunk2 stage 2.. let me know if anyone has one for sale for cheap)
- Skunk2 Stage 2 Valves ?
- Skunk2 Stage 2 Valve springs & retainers ?
- H22 Manifold with Port/polish
- AEM Fuel Rail
- ARP Head Studs
- Fidanza 10lbs flywheel
- ACT Stage 2 Clutch kit ?
- F23 block
- F23 Pistons
- F23 tranny.. long ratios I know but I'm planning on going turbo
- F23 Crankshaft, Rods
- AEM EMS

Here is the parts that I currently have and the prices I got them for:
- H22A4 Engine complete w/o tranny... $180 (only 112k miles on it.. but it had a lil' rod knock)

- AEM Tru-Time Cam Gears
- JDM H22A Camshaft
- AEM Fuel Rail
- Fidanza 10lbs Flywheel
- 92-96 Prelude Brembo Crossdrilled & Slotted Rotors
... I got all the above for $260 :peace: ..
I've been getting really good deal on things lately.. haha:p

Things that I need (let me know if someone has some for sale):
- Skunk2 Stage 2 Valves
- Skunk2 Stage 2 Valve Springs & Retainers
- Skunk2 Intake Manifold (Deshon2688 thanks for letting me know that it will not fit our cars.. so i am not thinking of port/polishing the stock IM or get an H23 one.. i'll see)
- ARP Head Studs
- ACT Stage 2 Clutch Kit
- also an F23 block.. which i should be picking up in a couple of days

Caliper Swap:
- Brembo Crossdrilled & Slotted Rotors (92-96 Prelude VTEC)
- 2-piston calipers (92-95 Legend GS) (need)
- AV6 caliper brackets (need)

This picture is of when I first got the engine.. it was in the trunk of my accord for 2 days.. hella room i tell you.. who said a sedan is not useful.
(that's me on the left with the black t-shirt and my cousin on the far right..)

Photo0945.jpg

That's the motor. :rly:
Photo0952.jpg

and that's my baby.. before lip kit

Photo0954.jpg

Accord with lip kit (accords nickname is Silver Strike.. FYI)
Photo1050_001.jpg

Photo1052.jpg

Photo1053.jpg

Photo1281.jpg

Photo1282.jpg

Photo1283.jpg

Photo1285.jpg

Photo1286.jpg

Photo1287.jpg

Photo1291.jpg

To start things off I took apart the H22 head from the block and took all the internals out. H22 Block for sale.. does have a lil rod knock.. PM me with ur offer or to trade with any of the parts listed above that I need.
Took everything apart and neatly stacked it on the table.. as you can see in the pictures below..

Photo1290.jpg

Photo1294.jpg

Photo1295.jpg

Photo1296.jpg

Photo1297.jpg

Photo1299.jpg

Photo1300.jpg

Photo1301.jpg

Photo1305.jpg

Photo1307.jpg

Photo1308.jpg

Photo1309.jpg

Photo1310.jpg

Photo1312.jpg

Photo1313.jpg

Photo1314.jpg

Photo1315.jpg

Photo1317.jpg

Photo1318.jpg

Photo1316.jpg

I have some questions for you guys that I hope you can answer.. I have searched around and I am sorry if I didn't come across anything and it has been discussed before.. if you guys know then please tell me and don't flame.. if you have to do that then you can find another thread. This is a year long project so don't expect it to be done in a week or something.
I will be updating constantly so stay tuned.

okay now for the questions:

- What kind of Intake manifold and camshaft do you guys think will be good for this kind of project.. remember I am going to be boosting this ..?
- if i were to do the 2-piston caliper swap with the brembo rotors.. then will i be able to use my stock 15" rims or do i have to get bigger rims?

I'll be asking things along the way so please help me out if you guys can.. this is going to be my first swap and I want to do it right.

Thanks for looking at my thread.

Last edited:

BigAnt

Reaction score
fix your thread. there are no pictures.

good luck with the build. wish i had the money to do this.

Deshon2688

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, looks like you got some nice plans, similar to my own. Def need to fix the pics tho.

Also, about ur intake manifold...

"Skunk2 Intake Manifold ? (any idea's on another good one?)"

Those don't fit in our cars, so your better off using an OEM mani and just getting it ported/ polished and increasing the bore of the throttle body. Look up AFAccord's thread about his H23 IM to F23 head for some good ideas on what to do to the intake manifold.

There's a few other threads on here about G23 builds too so be sure to hit those up for useful info as well.

other than that, good luck with the build. :beer:

silverstrike

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, looks like you got some nice plans, similar to my own. Def need to fix the pics tho.

Also, about ur intake manifold...

"Skunk2 Intake Manifold ? (any idea's on another good one?)"

Those don't fit in our cars, so your better off using an OEM mani and just getting it ported/ polished and increasing the bore of the throttle body. Look up AFAccord's thread about his H23 IM to F23 head for some good ideas on what to do to the intake manifold.

There's a few other threads on here about G23 builds too so be sure to hit those up for useful info as well.

other than that, good luck with the build. :beer:

I'm sorry about the pix.. i'll try to fix that asap.
I have read AFAccord's thread on the H23 and if the skunk2 manifold can not fit then i guess i'll port/polish my stock on and bore the throttle body like you said. I'm always reading threads looking for things that i might have missed along the way so i'll be sure to hit up the G23 threads again.
Thank you for all ur feedbacks.

Deshon2688

Reaction score
Cool pics, can't wait to see this pan out. Its practically the exact build I was planning for after my 5spd swap

Back