DIY:OEMish style DRL/Fog light Highbeam area

metrick1235

Reaction score
Great write up, Dont know if anyone has thought of this but what about a Inline fuse from light to battery one one end and other that uses the accessory as a "switch"... Pretty much so when the accessory stuff (Cig lighter, clock light, radio, ect) comes on the DRL come on... it sounds like a fun idea i might try if i had Retros with Bi-xenon...

Mr. HuMpY

Reaction score
man i did this DRL thingy today but now i dont know how in the world to set the light from shoting up high :eusa_wall:. i tried everything but nothing work. oh tomorrow im going to try a to hook it up to a switch (my old fogs) and see how that works out:ohsnap:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
yea im trying to figure something out..I took out one of the 3 screws and twised the bulb kinda crooked and slanted missing 2 teeth causing it to aim down ish..But if i wire them to a switch itl be just a DRL and turn off when its dark..Since they cant be fogs due to not being able to aim low..haha

Mr. HuMpY

Reaction score
yea im trying to figure something out..I took out one of the 3 screws and twised the bulb kinda crooked and slanted missing 2 teeth causing it to aim down ish..But if i wire them to a switch itl be just a DRL and turn off when its dark..Since they cant be fogs due to not being able to aim low..haha

hah i did the switch thingy this morning and it work :ownedrun:. hah i tried the same thing with the 2 bottom teeth hanging out but it didnt work plus i was scared it was going to fall out. im still working on trying to aim them low but tell you the truth i havnt been flashed at all. maybe its bc i used 50 or 55 watts stock blubs (3100k?).

BUT MY CAR LOOKS TIGHT :kenny::roy:

thank you sir for the awsome write up :thumbsup:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
yea i have not been flashed yet either..even tho i feel bad sometimes ridding behind a car without tinted back window because i can see there headliner lite up yellow..but its not in there mirrors or anything to blind them. and im using a normal 9006 bulb also.

let me know if you figure it out.

blackcord

Reaction score
Well your highbeam buckets are aimed higher and will somewhat blind other drivers. Even though you used lower wattage 9006 yellow bulbs. Looks great thou. :hide:

xmsleepr

Reaction score
if your worrying about blinding traffic put 9006 bulbs in there the tips are blacked out for that same reason so the light doesnt shoot straight up.

4door accord02

Reaction score
hah i did the switch thingy this morning and it work :ownedrun:. hah i tried the same thing with the 2 bottom teeth hanging out but it didnt work plus i was scared it was going to fall out. im still working on trying to aim them low but tell you the truth i havnt been flashed at all. maybe its bc i used 50 or 55 watts stock blubs (3100k?).

BUT MY CAR LOOKS TIGHT :kenny::roy:

thank you sir for the awsome write up :thumbsup:

Pics?????

AHHcord

Reaction score
You are a genius my friend. always coming up with something dope. Your car and the DRLs look nice bro.

Back