$1000 overhaul???

EscoStylez

Reaction score
So as u might know im having trouble with my transmission (auto) and if u didnt know now u know..i just came from a transmission shop so they can take a look at it to see wuts wrong with my car and its clutch wear and its slippin bad rpm jumping like crazy, so i need an overhaul on the tranny the dude said for a complete overhaul $1000 is that to much or is that priced just right? ive gone to junkyard and for f23a tranny they running $450-600. idk if i wanna do that cause u never know if it has problems plus i need to find somebody to install it and that might run me $250-350.....so wut do u guys think $1000 is to much or just right for the overhaul???.....

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Clutch labor should be no more than $500. How extensive would the overhaul be? If they are rebuilding your whole transmission, replacing clutch, flywheel with upgrades, and doing all the labor, then $1000 sounds about right. Otherwise sounds like a bit much IMO..

EscoStylez

Reaction score
Clutch labor should be no more than $500. How extensive would the overhaul be? If they are rebuilding your whole transmission, replacing clutch, flywheel with upgrades, and doing all the labor, then $1000 sounds about right. Otherwise sounds like a bit much IMO..

changing everything

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
GO 5SPD!!! u'll probably pay a bit more... slightly...

but u will never have another problem...

btw, on my 6thgen i rebuilt my tranny it was auto... and with in 1yr or so... it starts to sux againn....

honda auto tranny = failz

don't waste ur time and money

5spd manual FTW

EscoStylez

Reaction score
GO 5SPD!!! u'll probably pay a bit more... slightly...

but u will never have another problem...

btw, on my 6thgen i rebuilt my tranny it was auto... and with in 1yr or so... it starts to sux againn....

honda auto tranny = failz

don't waste ur time and money

5spd manual FTW

is it hard to swap it???

EscoStylez

Reaction score
It's an auto? Damn $1000 is dirt cheap. If stay away from that shop if I were you.

yea auto he works at aamco and has a shop on the side been doin it for 20+ yrs has a civic and and tl he working on now so he know hondas....

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
1g is dirt cheap my tranny in my v6 is goin out and i was quoted 1500-1800
from 3 shops as a starting price
and upwards as much as 3g

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
1g is dirt cheap my tranny in my v6 is goin out and i was quoted 1500-1800
from 3 shops as a starting price
and upwards as much as 3g

Yup.... I spent about $3.5k on my V6 transmission from Jasper.... haven't had a single issue yet and I beat the hell out of my car on a daily basis

Back