30 mph over the speed limit

dtraill27

Reaction score
i guess for me it is because here in PA the cops let you go 10 over the posted speed limit....

By law local cops have to. They don't use radar/laser so you have to be 10mph over to cover any errors. State police have radar but can only use while stationary. With radar you have to be 6 over to be stopped. State police usually 74+ in a 55 or 80+ in a 65 will get you an invitation to the road side disco.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
In every populated area of CA, when traffic is moving, you will see a car doing 100+ every single day. Especially in places going out of the city areas. I am not saying going 85 is right but in most 55's, doing less than about 70 is straight up dangerous. Some places in Cali, doing 20 MPH over will still make you the slowest car on the road, outside of semi's. Socal is worse than up here as well.

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
Go to the judge, explain your situation, say you are a student and don't have much money. You can't get away with the ticket. But you can certainly lower the cost of the ticket. IF you are honest. so pay for the ticket, go to court, admit fault say you learned your lesson and explain the situation you are in and go to traffic school. I've been up that mountain... I don't dare to go over 80 or near 80 now a days lol 60 miles of mountain.... Since you don't live around that area you will probably write a letter. OR take a chance go to court and if doesn't show up your case will be dismissed!

Last edited:

jdmcg3

Reaction score
when you go to courthouse to set up your court date. ask for a "discovery report". its the police report for tickets. read through it. see if it states WHO calibrated the laser. 9 outta 10 times cops only put down the time of their last calibration.. but its required to be checked off by someone else. and when you go to court you simply say "in the discovery report it doesnt state who serviced the smd (laser gun), it only says what time it was calibrated at. then judge will dismiss the ticket.

it works for me EVERYTIME. althou im not sure if things are the same in WA as cali

talontsiawd

Reaction score
when you go to courthouse to set up your court date. ask for a "discovery report". its the police report for tickets. read through it. see if it states WHO calibrated the laser. 9 outta 10 times cops only put down the time of their last calibration.. but its required to be checked off by someone else. and when you go to court you simply say "in the discovery report it doesnt state who serviced the smd (laser gun), it only says what time it was calibrated at. then judge will dismiss the ticket.

it works for me EVERYTIME. althou im not sure if things are the same in WA as cali

I could be wrong but to my knowledge, this doesn't work in Cali, at least anymore. You don't even need to be clocked in CA, they can estimate your speed. In all cases where this has happened to someone I know (and myself), the speed has always been lower than the person was actually going so it isn't something problematic.

That used to be how everyone got off but I believe that does not hold up in Cali anymore, could be wrong.

9450erick

Reaction score
Either the ticket will be between $200-$300 or go to driving school. It's your best option. You take no points and you don't have to pay. Good luck though man!
thanx finger crossed that its only 200-300 i could pay that

California Traffic Tickets Fines 2011

You will receive in the mail how much the ticket will cost you. It should list the fees and even a option to pay additional fees to take traffic school so that the points stays off your record.

You can always try fighting the ticket.. www.ticketbust.com

GL
thanx bro ill probably have to take it to court to get i reduced. seeing as i am a college student with no prior anything on my record. im no trouble maker lol

In every populated area of CA, when traffic is moving, you will see a car doing 100+ every single day. Especially in places going out of the city areas. I am not saying going 85 is right but in most 55's, doing less than about 70 is straight up dangerous. Some places in Cali, doing 20 MPH over will still make you the slowest car on the road, outside of semi's. Socal is worse than up here as well.
hahaha someone gets me. there was even a car in front of me doing the same speed. i know this cuz i wasnt gaining any ground on him. i told the cop this and he called me a liar. u cant reason with cops. i even told him im a student frm davis. he told me "ohhhh your coming to visit your family for the holidays, well heres ur ticket"

Go to the judge, explain your situation, say you are a student and don't have much money. You can't get away with the ticket. But you can certainly lower the cost of the ticket. IF you are honest. so pay for the ticket, go to court, admit fault say you learned your lesson and explain the situation you are in and go to traffic school. I've been up that mountain... I don't dare to go over 80 or near 80 now a days lol 60 miles of mountain.... Since you don't live around that area you will probably write a letter. OR take a chance go to court and if doesn't show up your case will be dismissed!
yeah i think im going to try that!

he actually caught me not with laser but getting right next to my quarter panel and pacing me. he said he did it for 1/2 a mile but i really doubt that

Back