Backfire/spitfire

Itzyahboikevin

Reaction score
Hey guys second post here. I’m going to be changing my exhaust system finally. Currently I’m straight piped all the way to the headers (stock) and have no cat and still can’t backfire. I’m looking to get some headers, testpipe, and finish it all the way to the back. I’m a stock j30 v6 with just a aem cold air intake. Can anyone give some pointers on what I could do or what brand to get for headers, testpipe & piping? What size I should have the pipes done. Thank you all in advance for all you help.

Mark2001Accord

Reaction score
Yes how?

The person I talked to told me this. I have no idea if it is true. It looked like he was telling the truth..
Person told me he had the car running on Hondata. He enriched the mixture under the conditions . Then to light it , used a 9 volt electric barbecue igniter with leads 8-10" from the end of the tail pipe. A 12v to 9v step down inverter was implemented. He tuned the system for the flame to happen at hard throttle shifts. Keeping those areas on the fuel map rich, the ECU sends 12v signal to the electric trigger button box for the barbecue igniter. It sparks multiple times until the button or trigger is released. The flame system is armed as a NOS system in the hondata tabs. You can turn it on/off. He displayed the car, it made small pop flames while in motion when he shifted at throttle. Not a flame thrower.

Last edited:
Back