Front plate

ryon527

Reaction score
ryan s said:
yes, front plates suck. i like this ^^ look, but i need one thatll move the plate out ot the way of the foglights (that i have yet to put in lol), plus i have the 98 front bumper so itll look a little different. i want the plate to be all the way over underneath the headlight, just like evo's--and for stability, id be willing to cut a slot in the bottom of the bumper cover to mount it to the actual bumper bar. id like to put on headlights, the foglights, and the plate at the same time to make it easy. btw, whats the status on the headlights here4u2nv? any pics of em?:D

ryon: if i give you some measurements and such (i never took CAD class:mad: grr) and pass you some cash, could you make one to those specs?

yeah I could do it. Just try and send me as much dimensions as you can and I can do it on solidworks and save it as a jpeg to send it to you for you to look over. I could probably get it put on the powdercoat line for you so it'll be black, not like the crappy one on ebay. I can't say that I can get it to you right away because after I design it, it has to be programmed then punched out on the machine then powdercoated and this isn't work related. i'll try my best though.

cg6accord

Reaction score
mines bolted with that plate holder you shown earlier by vtechnician heres a pic...and i know that my stock plate holder is on there to, thats just cuz im lazy and cant find the right nut to take it out
d94a87f7.jpg

talontsiawd

Reaction score
For those who have to run a front plate, do you actually get ticket in your area? I haven't had a front plate on any car i've ever owned. Thats about 8 years. Never had a problem. Just drive normal, park normal, and you can probably get away with it. Cars just don't look right to me with front plates.

Browntown

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
For those who have to run a front plate, do you actually get ticket in your area? I haven't had a front plate on any car i've ever owned. Thats about 8 years. Never had a problem. Just drive normal, park normal, and you can probably get away with it. Cars just don't look right to me with front plates.

I took the front plate off my truck... but I stuck it in the window so it was visible from the front. As far as i know, that's the only thing you have to do.... make sure it's visible if you're looking at the front of the car. I think that as long as the cop sees it and can read it then it's okay.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Browntown said:
I took the front plate off my truck... but I stuck it in the window so it was visible from the front. As far as i know, that's the only thing you have to do.... make sure it's visible if you're looking at the front of the car. I think that as long as the cop sees it and can read it then it's okay.
In cali, that is not legal. But it often works. Sometimes it has the opposite effect though. The cop will see that your plate is in the wrong location and ticket you were they may have not noticed. Happened to a friend. Obviously laws vary place to place. Call your highway partrol and see what's up. Many times the officers aren't totally clear on the laws anyway.

Browntown

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
In cali, that is not legal. But it often works. Sometimes it has the opposite effect though. The cop will see that your plate is in the wrong location and ticket you were they may have not noticed. Happened to a friend. Obviously laws vary place to place. Call your highway partrol and see what's up. Many times the officers aren't totally clear on the laws anyway.

I live in SoCal.... and I know it's not the mod that matters.... it's the type of car. If you drive a newer truck or SUV you can do pretty much whatever you want.... no front plates, tint, loud @ss exhaust, etc.... but do it in a import "racer" (even if you're not a racer) and you're screwed.:mad:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
My bro lives in la, no front plate. He never got any flack for that. He gets pulled over all the time but his car is all carb legal so they let him go. The bay used to be the same, but it's too common up here now. They'd pull over 1 out of 5 cars if that was the case.

cg6accord

Reaction score
in the valley...sacramento fresno stockton and the surrounding areas, any mod that is visible no matter the carb exemption will get you a ticket, its all cops discretion here...sucks i already got 4 front plate tickets in the past 2 months just fix and pay 10 dollar fine then put it back the way i want, same with exhaust...fukc the cops

Back