Alt whine question

Hush

Reaction score
this is for all the people that has an amp to the front speakers. I installed mine in, and i have tried EVERYTHING. i mean everything. the last thing i haven't tried is the Big 3 thread, i'll be doing that this weekend. But has anyone got alt whine from just amping the speakers, or is it just my car thats doing it?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
still havent fixed it, huh? me neither :(

did you...
--turn the gain all the way down?
--ground the headunit to the chassis instead of the harness?
--swap rca cables?
--run the rcas down the center of the car?
--ground the amp to a different spot?
--unmount the amp from the seats?
--check the PICO fuse inside the headunit?
--try a different amp?

Hush

Reaction score
Sup ryan, man i've done EVERYthing, i've done everything you've listed and more.
i even did the ghetto looking, warping the 16 gauge wire on all the RCAs to ground that on to the HU. I've even bought monster 4 channel RCAs from frys, thank god for frys, takes anything back haha. i've tried another amp too. i called up my friend, he's an audio guy down to the core. he said it might be the deck cuase when he swapped decks out he said that he got the whine on a car that was fine before hand. his set up was working fine and when he swapped to a new deck cuase he wanted to mess around with it the whine was there. my friend said that alt whine is mustly cuase of grounding, so i was wonder if any other 6th genners get the same problem, if not it sjust my car.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i think im going to swap in the cheap $20 head unit that came with my car tomorrow and see if that does anything.

i never ever had any whine til i amped the front speakers, and ive had the sub amp in since late '05. in my case, im thinking its a ****ty amp or a bad ground. i might also switch the grounds around and see what happens.

Hush

Reaction score
right now, i'm thinking that our cars are just badly made, cuase this is wasn't made in japan, thats why we cant find any JDM parts. i think this was made just to hold over till we got the TSXs in the US. So i think some cars might get the whine some may not. just like how some cars come out of the line with a little more power then the others. i saw my friends car stripped down and theres wires getting ground all over his car. i haven't stripped our cars down cuase i just feel lazy but from what i can see we didn't get that many things grounded.

t.blackaccord

Reaction score
may i ask which hu you are running
i use to have it with my pioneer 5700
and that is known to cause whining noises when you have hooked your amp to the speakers. i am sure some other models does that too
eventually my alternator died.
got it replaced with an odyssey one and works wonder
but i also replaced the 5700 with avic d3
everything is solid now

Hush

Reaction score
i have the alpine CDA-9855, its werid cuase i never heard of alpine doing this in any car. my friend has the 9835, i might ask him to let me borrow his deck and see if its really my deck or not.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ohhhh you have an alpine...if the itty bitty fuse blows inside those, it makes tons of noise. alpines have also been known to die if that fuse doesnt work :skurred:

lyttleviet

Reaction score
ohhhh you have an alpine...if the itty bitty fuse blows inside those, it makes tons of noise. alpines have also been known to die if that fuse doesnt work :skurred:

Actually if you search, that is pioneer you are talking about. The main problem people had with the 9855 is the glidetouch which isnt a big deal at all. Is your ground sanded down to bare metal? If not that is a MUST. Solder both the ground from the HU harness and car harness to a larger 8awg wire and ground that to the chassis. Try these and keep us posted.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the pioneer 880prs is known for PICO fuse noise...it can be bypassed with a 1/4w 0-1 ohm resistor.

while alpines and clarions are less-known to blow fuses, if they do, it could fry the board and make it into a nice paperweight. its rare that it happens to those two brands, but everyone knows about the 880 because it happens all the time and the unit is still usable even with the noise.

i still havent gotten around to troubleshooting my noise :hide: maybe this week...

Back