Hazard/Clock Delete to House GPS

ShutOutTheSky

Reaction score
I spent my time thinking about this on my drive home today... And I'm impulsive late at night so I hauled off and snagged a Nextar SNAP3 off of eBay for $20 shipped.

I was wondering if anyone here sees a problem in relocating the hazard button to the left of the steering wheel and losing the clock, as I have one on my stereo. I'd like to then use that location between the two vents to mount the GPS unit and hopefully run the cigarette outlet charger behind the console and splice it in where need be.

Any comments/criticisms/ideas?

Nismode

Reaction score
That would be a really small screen for a navi, unless you relocate the vents as well, me thinks.

Millz

Reaction score
not sure if you can make it look nice and not butchered up though

it would def. be a challenge

ShutOutTheSky

Reaction score
My goal is to take my Value Package Accord and upgrade it creating an in-dash navi option that looks OEM. The screen on the SNAP3 is 3.5". I'm not super concerned with the size in regards to it being small. I would, however, like to avoid taking up windshield real estate. I think my biggest concern is mounting the screen flush, facing forward and praying that the viewing angle is visible from the driver's seat. I'm hoping to achieve something like this:

SNAP3InDash.gif

(Not my car/photoshopped)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
I think it's going to be too small to be useful, but your call, if it has speech directions it might not be too bad.

Other things to keep in mind.... you are going to have to hack the GPS open and relocate the GPS receiver so that it has direct line of sight to the sky or you won't have GPS at all.

ShutOutTheSky

Reaction score
Cost is an issue. I picked this thing up for $20 shipped. I'd rather have a stand-alone GPS as well, as opposed to an all-in-one GPS/stereo. Besides, getting an all-in-one still leaves me with the clock and switch bezel which I feel looks like it doesn't belong.

It does have turn-by-turn voice directions, as well.

you are going to have to hack the GPS open and relocate the GPS receiver so that it has direct line of sight to the sky or you won't have GPS at all.

Thank you for bringing this up. This is constructive feedback. I have not considered this yet. If the GPS receiver is on the top of the unit, it may be possible to mount this thing in such a way that the eye still points toward the sky. We'll see when I get it.

lifelongbread

Reaction score
just me but i have the garmin nuvi and i checked to see if mine would fit in my car and i believe mine is 3.5 inches and it didnt fit.......

Back