JV6 Lexus is350

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Thanks it was bound to happen to make a thread here, I made one here and prolly don't plan on doing so on clublexus lol. I'm planning similar root like I did with the coupe, as for other Tein coilovers you mention they were kinda out of my range. Tein SA which replaced SS is my current budget, I rode in them already and they felt just as good as oem. Even the Tein Basic aren't bad either lol. As for driving safe, I'm taking it easy in the rain. Don't got the confident as I did with the coupe yet hahaha.
I wonder why this forum is always friendlier than other car forums.. Maybe 6GA is kindda a rare platform for modding, and ppl who do it tend to stick with it for a long time and it becomes a better community, as we socialize more and meet up w/ members from time to time.

I figured you'd know about those two models, but just wanted to throw that out there haha. Well, the SA can be one of the best bangs for the buck for the OEM+ spec, and it does ride like a champ imo. Mine is more towards the stiffer setting now, but I have never had any discomfort as a DD either.

Yea, the PNW weather is starting to get nasty huh.. Soon or later, those maple leaves will be all over the road; I hate those! (No disrespect for the Canadian flag tho lol. :canada:)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I wanted an F-Sport model aswell but they were still going for 30-40 grand used around here with low mileage(ya its pricey here). I might just do an F-Sport bumper change once my 2011+ led headlights are install with other F-Sport parts and then badge the fenders with F-Sport badges lol. I haven't tried any modes for it yet so can't really explain. Paddle shifters haven't been touch aswell either but I needa do that soon after learning how to use it properly. In miles, the car only has 60,000 miles on it when I purchased it. Was the lowest aswell and for the price range I wanted. Still learning things about the car, I was so noob on my first day test driving it. I was like wtf the steering wheel is so close to the dash??? Didn't realise until I push the start button and the Steering wheel came out and right towards me....

Good miles for a Lexus. I’ll be the same way when I get into a newer car…so used to the archaic 6GA. :lawl:

Totally understand what you’re saying about F-ing up a 350 (only time that could be used in a positive connotation lol), I just have this criteria that my next car will have the desired accessories on it already. I don’t want to spend so much time/money collecting lip kits, etc like I did with my Accord. But like you found out, sometimes you find a good deal you can’t pass up.

Forget the F-Sport bumper, go with the Ings+1kit :thumbsup:

That kit is hot (though the front is too chunky imo)…but over $2k…:eek:. Wouldn’t be as bad if it came painted at that price. Don't doubt the quality though.

d_5194.jpg

d_5193.jpg

JV6

Reaction score
Had to laugh at this.......so much more advances compared to our cars, lol.

I'll probably be the same way when I get in to something much newer as well.

Enjoy the new ride, James.

Looks like it will be alot of fun, especially since it's the 350.

Yeah my friends laugh about it aswell when I mention it lol, even till today I'm still figuring out new things. Even the wify knows more about the car then I do as she been driving a newer car in the Bmw X5. I still miss the 6thgen till today, I miss the low life on it and its rare to see a modded 6thgen here. Possibly best accord coupe design up till today.

Ohhh nice pick up!!! We picked up this one as well and I must admit, this thing is friggen powerful o_O lol

Thanks, yeah I was surprise the difference between the is250 and is350. Power is huge difference, even when I test drove the 2011+ Tsx it was even faster then the is250 itself lol. Glad I made the choice to go with 350.

Damn....she is a BEAUTY....love that color. Can't wait to see what direction the car goes!

Thanks, took a while to find the color and looking forward to slowly modding it lol.

One of my favorite cars.

Forget the F-Sport bumper, go with the Ings+1kit :thumbsup:

Your 6GA was one beautiful machine by the way...

I was thinking either simple lip kit or maybe 2013+ is-f bumper conversion. Thanks I miss the 6thgen coupe, I was thinking if I still got my oem sides and rear lip for another year or two with no one buying I might just grab a black coupe in 5spd for hell of it!!!

I wonder why this forum is always friendlier than other car forums.. Maybe 6GA is kindda a rare platform for modding, and ppl who do it tend to stick with it for a long time and it becomes a better community, as we socialize more and meet up w/ members from time to time.

I figured you'd know about those two models, but just wanted to throw that out there haha. Well, the SA can be one of the best bangs for the buck for the OEM+ spec, and it does ride like a champ imo. Mine is more towards the stiffer setting now, but I have never had any discomfort as a DD either.

Yea, the PNW weather is starting to get nasty huh.. Soon or later, those maple leaves will be all over the road; I hate those! (No disrespect for the Canadian flag tho lol. :canada:)

Or maybe I've been on this forum since 2007 so I got used to it haha. When I do a Tulalip run with the accord guys and I'll message you before hand to see if your free. Pretty good turn out usually, mostly 6thgen-9thgens that shows up with us. I was looking into Tein Basis too but can't find them on ebay? Those were my other options beside the Tein SA but that seems to be the most basic one for lowest coilovers offer.

nice pick up!

Thanks jonothan, your car wrap is coming nicely. Been liking it on facebook haha.

Good miles for a Lexus. I’ll be the same way when I get into a newer car…so used to the archaic 6GA. :lawl:

Totally understand what you’re saying about F-ing up a 350 (only time that could be used in a positive connotation lol), I just have this criteria that my next car will have the desired accessories on it already. I don’t want to spend so much time/money collecting lip kits, etc like I did with my Accord. But like you found out, sometimes you find a good deal you can’t pass up.

That kit is hot (though the front is too chunky imo)…but over $2k…:eek:. Wouldn’t be as bad if it came painted at that price. Don't doubt the quality though.

I was too looking for someone with the oem lip kit but was hard to find especially with low km. I prolly end up youtubing and reading manual before I *** something up haha. I'm on CL and clublexus classified 24/7 seeing if theres any deals.

I was thinking of a simple oe style lip kit or if I got money down the road I'll do a F sport bumper conversion from newer IS like pic below. Looks so nice, I think it suits better then the new is lol

254y3w4.jpg

congrats on the car, dude, it looks great. i've always liked the styling on these since they came out.

thanks man, same with me. It was either the new TSX or this but this won it for me lol.

congrats on your new ride! Take care of it and enjoy the ride.

Thanks and definitely try my best to take care of it :)

JV6

Reaction score
Received clear door courtesy housing with built in led to replace my factory red housing one, will prolly diy later when I come home from shopping in states.

v4mfra.jpg

Here's picture of what I'm replacing, that red housing courtesy light
263ver5.jpg

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Nice car, I like! Must be a big upgrade luxury and performance wise compared to the accord

monkeyv6

Reaction score
I did this with my rear and love it!

a2e9d62f82b7f9e281f0e18c3dfc475e.jpg

Power on these cars is amazing, acceleration especially, very nice pick up, we can have our own is350 section on this forum lol

Back