Test pipe to replace cat???

pellegrini

Reaction score
I have a 99 v6 coupe with magnaflow mufflers, i was wonderin if i put a test pipe were my cat was would it make it hella raspy even if added a resonater or two. I was reading it sounded good on other cars but i couldnt find an accord with this set up, what u guys think?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I mean I would advise against removing a cat...

It'll add some rasp but with the V6 it should still sound nice.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Replace mid-muffler and pre-muffler with a Dynomax Bullet. No need to mess with the cat if it's still good.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
I have a exhaust leak before the cat where the header meets the dp, and the smell is terrible

619rcr

Reaction score
I have a exhaust leak before the cat where the header meets the dp, and the smell is terrible

You guys crack me up:hahano: I have two cars with no cats. One just passed my state emissions test fine, they didn't even notice or check. If your car smells that bad its running wrong.

ponglynn777

Reaction score
i run a testpipe before, havent experience any prob though, i pass emission test and the car run great increase engine response, Increased exhaust flow and decreased back pressure. done this to my 4cyl 6thG

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I passed with a gutted cat and a resonator in place of the cat w/ no problems. Some of you just need to keep up on your maintenance.

619rcr

Reaction score
In what states are you still passing?

Sounds sorta far fetched

the great state of Arizona. I could post a pic of the test results. The test is just a scan check of the OBD monitors & codes and gas cap check.

Back