Lip Kit Fitment

hcoupe02

Reaction score
Okay so I finally saw the OEM Lip Kit for sale on ebay. I wanted to know who here has bought and put the kit on without any problems. As far as fitment. Here is the link to the product OEM LIP KIT I know it's a silly question but I wanted to justify before I purchase it and have a long run full of trouble. Thanks guys.

Josh

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I don't think that is a true OEM lip kit....pretty sure it is a replica

Raul

Reaction score
lol im pretty sure its the same seller i got my replica front lip from. It fits. check my thread on product review section.

hcoupe02

Reaction score
magauto.com has front and rears. sides you'll have to find when someone sells them. you do know you'll have to modify them to fit your bumpers right??:thinking:

I have the sides. How much to modify. Btw, first timer dealing with exterior. At least I'm not the ricer type lol. Thanks for the website.

kn0x47

Reaction score
I have the sides.
Lucky. That's all I've got left to buy.

If you're a perfectionist you may have to do a lot of modding to get it to fit perfectly. I have the pre01 bumper so I don't know for sure. I believe red02accord didnt do any modding to get his rear lip to fit and it looks good. the main thing to cut on the front lip is the actual lip on the top going into the lower grill.
I've seen pics of the oem lip on an 01-02 front bumper and personally I think the type-r lip looks a whole lot better (baysonr on ebay has polyurethane type-r lips)

hcoupe02

Reaction score
Why so much modding if it's straight from factory. I'm getting the 98-00 bumper to replace my coupe 02 one so I can get the Type-R Grill which I also have.

kn0x47

Reaction score
oh well you didnt saw you were switching bumpers. for 98-00 bumpers its a direct bolt on. fitment is perfect. you'll have to drill a few holes to put the back one on

hcoupe02

Reaction score
oh well you didnt saw you were switching bumpers. for 98-00 bumpers its a direct bolt on. fitment is perfect. you'll have to drill a few holes to put the back one on

Yeah I hate the coupe bumper lol. the 98-00 is much cleaner for me. Yeah I thought so lol. I was like how is it that much modding. Thanks for advice guys. So would the replica fit the 98-00 bumper without any problems?

Back