p28 conversion with hondata s300

UTIaccord

Reaction score
So iv been contemplating doing the p28 swap and i called jotech a very prestigious tuning shop here in the dallas area and they have quoted me $840 for all brand new p28, jumper, and s300

somethin like 495 for s300
95 or so for the jumper
and 250 for the p28

done somewhat of research and thats the actual price from hondata for the s300 but iv seen the p28 around for like 160 not sure about the jumper though

just curious if anyone else has this setup and about the price range they paid for it as well as feedback on the operating system and its efficiency

chrismister2k1

Reaction score
Try find a p28 online or around ur area u can probably find one for like 50 to 100 and the jumper is around that price

UTIaccord

Reaction score
is there no pigtail adapter for the obd2 with obd1 connectors so that u can run hondata on the obd2?

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
There is an obd2 adpator implimented into the ecu from hondata, however, it will still function as obd1 for tuning.

UTIaccord

Reaction score
There is an obd2 adpator implimented into the ecu from hondata, however, it will still function as obd1 for tuning.

any personal experience with piggyback EMS on obd with a boosted car?

planning on boosting mine in about 3 months and tryin to get some info on EMS vs obd1

akoutmos

Reaction score
The accord ECU is an OBD2B ecu for future reference. You can pick up the ECU already fitted with the Hondata s300 unit and adapter harness for 785 from xenocron (http://www.xenocron.com/hondata-s300-version-2-boost-tuning-package-p-285.html).

The only way you are going to pass emissions is with the stock ECU. End of story. Evo and Subaru guys are able to pass emissions and tune their ECUs because of the reverse engineering effort put forth and the ability to reflash the stock ECU. Google tactrix for more info. In the Honda world, there is flashpro from hondata, but that does not apply to our ECUs. As of today, there is no (def possible with R&D and reverse engineering) way to reflash our ECUs.

I don't know what you are planning on doing to your car. But the only reason to get a programmable ECU is if are going boost, built all motor or nitrous. If you don't have any of those a programmable ECU is a waste of time and money. You are better off doing free upgrades like weight reduction.

If you are going mild boost or even mild all motor a piggy back ECU (like AEM FIC or greddy ultimate) should be more than capable at dealing with your mods. In addition, seeing as it only modifies the signals sent in and out to the stock ECU, you are still OBD2 compliant seeing as the stock ECU is handling OBD2 communication through your k-line.

EDIT:
Your other option is to run a programmable ECU, and then switch out for the stock one that one emissions day every 1/2 years. You will also have to open up your wastegate completely (as not to build boost), and swap out your injectors for the stock ones (or you will run very rich).

Last edited:

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
any personal experience with piggyback EMS on obd with a boosted car?

planning on boosting mine in about 3 months and tryin to get some info on EMS vs obd1

No I have no personal experience, but I plan on using either Greddy Ultimate E-manage or AEM FI/C; haven't decided which one yet, to maintain my car as obd2 for my swap. It will be a learning experience for me as well, but from what I learn from others your best bet would be hondata, neptune and other tuneable ecu for optima performance, if your route is obd1. But if you are in the same mindset like me, and you want to stay obd2, a piggyback would be the best choice imo if your N/A and boost.

UTIaccord

Reaction score
The accord ECU is an OBD2B ecu for future reference. You can pick up the ECU already fitted with the Hondata s300 unit and adapter harness for 785 from xenocron (http://www.xenocron.com/hondata-s300-version-2-boost-tuning-package-p-285.html).

The only way you are going to pass emissions is with the stock ECU. End of story. Evo and Subaru guys are able to pass emissions and tune their ECUs because of the reverse engineering effort put forth and the ability to reflash the stock ECU. Google tactrix for more info. In the Honda world, there is flashpro from hondata, but that does not apply to our ECUs. As of today, there is no (def possible with R&D and reverse engineering) way to reflash our ECUs.

I don't know what you are planning on doing to your car. But the only reason to get a programmable ECU is if are going boost, built all motor or nitrous. If you don't have any of those a programmable ECU is a waste of time and money. You are better off doing free upgrades like weight reduction.

If you are going mild boost or even mild all motor a piggy back ECU (like AEM FIC or greddy ultimate) should be more than capable at dealing with your mods. In addition, seeing as it only modifies the signals sent in and out to the stock ECU, you are still OBD2 compliant seeing as the stock ECU is handling OBD2 communication through your k-line.

EDIT:
Your other option is to run a programmable ECU, and then switch out for the stock one that one emissions day every 1/2 years. You will also have to open up your wastegate completely (as not to build boost), and swap out your injectors for the stock ones (or you will run very rich).

im gunna go mild boost, start at 6psi and as i build the engine got towards 9-10 but when i get above 9-10 ill deffinately go with a standalone like hondata but as of now boosting at 6psi greddy would run fine with my obd2?

Back