Spacer versus lug stud limit?

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I thought I'd bring this up to the top. I spent about an hour over at my local CarQuest/Advanced Auto, talking with Mark, and looking thru his very thick book that resides under the counter. What we found looking thru the Dorman section, was that there is a 12mm longer stud for a Honda (actually it's for an Acura). The part number for it is; 610-408. There's also 2 alternate part numbers for it with them being 98518, and 98502. For those who prefer to use genuine Honda parts, the OE cross number is;90113-502-005. Note, these are for the rear only (disc or drum).
I've got a set on order, as they didn't have any in stock. I'll know how it all fits by the end of next week, as I'm still trying to get other stuff done, and with the holiday, nothing is going to move until Tuesday.
Just thought I'd post this up here, in case anyone else is looking for an alternative. :)

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
So, here's a shot of the studs showing the difference in lengths.
feqtxc.jpg
Stud lengths
m82ohj.jpg
hub shot
I should mention that I used a stack of 1/2 inch flat washers and an OE lug nut to pull the studs thru the hub. They all went very easy into place ;ike they were made to go in there. :)
Right now the rears have a 1/4 inch (6.35mm) spacer for now. I've got a 10mm pair on order though. The 1/4 inch is ok, and is getting close to where I want them. Here's a couple of pics of them installed.
2pzlfeu.jpg

zir2nt.jpg

2zdt15w.jpg

I'll update this again after I get the 10mm spacers, and get them on.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice work on finding a spacer that would give you what you wanted. I read above how you got the new studs in, but how did you get the old ones out? They usual pound em with a hammer?

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Nice work on finding a spacer that would give you what you wanted. I read above how you got the new studs in, but how did you get the old ones out? They usual pound em with a hammer?

Yup, standard BFH method. In my case it was a 2 pound sledge. They popped right out with a couple of hits.
The spacers are for the rear of a Datsun 240 Z.:squintrun: They use a similar 4-114.3 bolt pattern, with a 66mm CB.
I only mention that, as you tell them it's for a Honda, they tell you they don't have them in stock, and it'll be either a "custom order" or a "special order". But if it's for a Datsun, they can get 'em in the next day or so (in my case next Wednesday, as they're coming from California).

Back