NA SOHC F23A1 Build - DYNO'd!!!

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
I will take my boost, in fact you should throw a few psi at it. would make ssome sickkkkkkkkkk power

nyknick1015

Reaction score
how did i miss the results of this... the results are awesome... now this is for a non vtec head right?

cvjoint

Reaction score
Sweet....now I know what I need to do to break the 200whp/200wtq mark.

get dual cams or FI? There are ways to achieve that hp/tq goal with the F23 but I don't think you can do it on pump gas and retain a decent idle quality.

The build is definitely unique though. Props for doing something different. In the end there will always be a car that's faster anyway, it's about enjoyment.

Erik123456789

Reaction score
get dual cams or FI? There are ways to achieve that hp/tq goal with the F23 but I don't think you can do it on pump gas and retain a decent idle quality.

The build is definitely unique though. Props for doing something different. In the end there will always be a car that's faster anyway, it's about enjoyment.

i think he meant with a NA single cam

NASOHC

Reaction score
I will take my boost, in fact you should throw a few psi at it. would make ssome sickkkkkkkkkk power

I know... I'm just true to the NA movement. :thumbsup:

how did i miss the results of this... the results are awesome... now this is for a non vtec head right?

Thanks.

So if you would like to build mine to be as badass as yours....lemme know ! Ahah

Sure thing, might come out better though - my car is basically a test monkey at this point.

Did you not read the thread at all? Even the first page? He's said multiple times that it is a F23A1 VTEC head.

Thank you.

Amen. Always room for improvement.

Thanks everyone... now I hope you all vote for me! ROTM :roy:

cvjoint

Reaction score

Not sure right? He may have. My opinion is that the goals are too high with NA SOHC F23 on pump gas. It's already a long stroke motor too, you can make a very aggressive cam and give up idle but ultimately you can't even rev it that high.

The F23 has the benefit of being light, I bet it's at least 50lbs lighter than my H. You can easily get the H peak torque too, the op seems to have succeded in that respect but it's hard to make a broad curve.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Single cam, compression, and pump gas. No FI or dohc

Not sure right? He may have. My opinion is that the goals are too high with NA SOHC F23 on pump gas. It's already a long stroke motor too, you can make a very aggressive cam and give up idle but ultimately you can't even rev it that high.

The F23 has the benefit of being light, I bet it's at least 50lbs lighter than my H. You can easily get the H peak torque too, the op seems to have succeded in that respect but it's hard to make a broad curve.

I'd rather set my goals high and have some to strive for than set them low and always want more.

Back