Halabeaster54's CL Type S 6Spd/J35 Build

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Also do I need a 03 cl s starter and what alternator should I use? My j30 one works perfect and it's new. I don't have a system and have no intention of ever installing one so can I get away with my j30 alternator? I'm just trying to get all of this info now so I can pickup what I need this weekend.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

SykVSyx

Reaction score
@HBm use the Oddy alternator, regardless of whether you have a system or not, it's an upgrade that is cheap and worthwhile.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I just picked up my clutch/brake pedals assembly from a 4cyl 5speed 02 coupe for $80. Pics will be up when I get home

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
My clutch and brake pedals :) almost there. my manifold and all of those parts get in on Wednesday. You can see some of my p2r stuff in the background.
44c75135-8dcf-c705.jpg

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Ok so to wrap up today, I bought tranny mounts, and a clutch/brake pedal. That's a good way to wrap up a weekend. Some different parts next week and I might be going to get my valve covers polished and my manifold powder coated dormant purple. Still not 100% sure if I'm doing it before I do the swap though, I feel like I should wait until everything is running well then do cosmetics.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
HELP! I HAVE A 37820-pge-a58 ECU, IS THAT COMPATIBLE WITH THE SWAP? I DIDN'T SEE IT ON THE LIST OF COMPATIBLE ECUS BUT IT'S FROM A TL-S

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
You have no idea. I'm going to try to order my full shift lever assemby today. Like the boot, lever, box, cables, knob, and whatever else in included in that. Ill just try to pick up a starter sometime next week since I found one in Staten Island and I'm going to try to contact paul about a used flywheel. Chris, how much was the flywheel from him? I found a couple with low milage for around $150. After I have everything I'm going to take pictures and post all of the parts I purchased for people looking to do a J35a4 swap since I couldnt find a guide on that. Pretty much itll be a guide for the non mechanic so everyone can have a clear list of what they need with realisitic prices.

Last edited:
Back