!$#% car wont start wtf

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
change the plugs and it started right up. once it starts heatin up to about the temp that the fans turn on it starts idling erratically jumping up to about 1,000 rpm then back down almost stalling out. keep in mind my accord has 225,000+ miles on it but until this happend its never had a problem.what do you think it could be?

You must have never changed your plugs then. Is a check engine light still on? try resetting your ECU and starting the car back up.

If it still doesnt work, you need to look at the sensor for mountng condition.
Clean the inside of the Valve using throttle body safe cleaner.

Place the flat end of a screw driver on the IACV while the engine is running. Place the handle against your ear and listen. Should hear something in there jumping back and fourth at a rapid rate.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
You must have never changed your plugs then. Is a check engine light still on? try resetting your ECU and starting the car back up.

If it still doesnt work, you need to look at the sensor for mountng condition.
Clean the inside of the Valve using throttle body safe cleaner.

Place the flat end of a screw driver on the IACV while the engine is running. Place the handle against your ear and listen. Should hear something in there jumping back and fourth at a rapid rate.

check engine light??? I never said there was a check engine light. anyway I decided it was running well enough to drive it to a shop he said all he had to do was adjust a few things and replace the air filter and it runs better then ever now except the fact that its so bouncy cause my shocks are dead lol oh well at least its running good again :thumbsup:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
check engine light??? I never said there was a check engine light. anyway I decided it was running well enough to drive it to a shop he said all he had to do was adjust a few things and replace the air filter and it runs better then ever now except the fact that its so bouncy cause my shocks are dead lol oh well at least its running good again :thumbsup:

What did he adjust? is your idle the same?. Sometimes people call adjustments raising the idle speed so it seems like the car runs smoother.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
he didn't say but it still idles the same. If somethin starts messin up again I'll just take it back and he's my family's regular mechanic so if I say he didn't fix it right he won't charge me again.

Back