Spc front camber kit install

antdiddy86

Reaction score
I just installed the front spc adjustable upper control arm ball joints,now I'm hearing a horrible banging noise when going over bumps,kit is installed properly and I'm wondering if anyone has had this same problem after installing this kit?? Please let me know wat to do to resolve this problem.

antdiddy86

Reaction score
Is that wats hitting?? Are the spc ball joints hitting up top??? And where do I cut??

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Is that wats hitting?? Are the spc ball joints hitting up top??? And where do I cut??

The control arm is hitting the top...
Either cut your strut towers or take the kit off. It's usually more of a pain to have a front camber kit on our cars if your real low.
Do some searching on cutting the strut towers.

4door accord02

Reaction score
This is happening to my car since my camber kit install also.... I was gonna try bump stops.. There's a thread on here already.. I don't know how effective it is but I'd prefer using bump stops than cutting strut towers....

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
This is happening to my car since my camber kit install also.... I was gonna try bump stops.. There's a thread on here already.. I don't know how effective it is but I'd prefer using bump stops than cutting strut towers....

The bump stops just make you have even less clearance but it wouldn't make the banging sound... but it would still hit.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Yeah you'll need to cut your towers. It's really not a big deal

Plus it can look pretty damn cool

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or you guys could just raise your cars since it means you're bottoming out your shocks when your control arms hit...

Back