Wheel Fitment Thread

scrapnav6

Reaction score
205/40 or 215/40 on 18x8 +35 up front ?

And will I be ok running 225/40 on the rear on a 18x9 +38 ? Bumper tab relocated, guards rolled, bumper shaved.

Height will be about 23 - 23.5" fender to ground all around, and I will be adding 15-20mm bolt on spacers all around in a few weeks.

The 225/40 will be a bit of an issue at that height. Gonna need a good roll and little pull. If you have a camber kit in the rear you might be a little better off.

LeAccord

Reaction score
^ Ahh thanks for the info. I'll give it a light pull. I'll be running natural camber.

It's just that I got two 225/40s with the wheels for free and they still have plenty of tread so I thought I'd try to use them anyway.

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
So say I have 15x10 -20

Barrels are 6 inch and lips are 4 inch. That should be x10 correct?
Now say I buy 5.5 inch barrels to make it x9.5

Does the offset ever change or how do I change the offset?

CleanWhiteHonda

Reaction score
Smaller barrels will lower the offset. In your case, a half inch smaller barrel will leave you with 15x9.5 -26 ish. If you were to get smaller lips instead it would raise the offset and leave you around 15x9.5 -13 ish.

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
Smaller barrels will lower the offset. In your case, a half inch smaller barrel will leave you with 15x9.5 -26 ish. If you were to get smaller lips instead it would raise the offset and leave you around 15x9.5 -13 ish.

Yeah. I did a little research and found about the same measurements. So I am going to look into different lips. There is always about a 6mm difference changing the barrels or lips.

Now I have another question, there are a set of Toyo 195/45 on the 15x10. Is it okay or safe to reuse those tires on a 15x9.5? Thanks!!

ShiftShapa

Reaction score
Hey guys so i have a 2002 accord 4 cylinder i beliefe offset is 42 (high offset)
I am thinking about
XXR 527 17x9.75 offset is 25. with tires ns2 215/40/17.
I have amr coilovers and right now im on winter steelies and my car is raised but waiting to get rims so i can lower in relation to the rims.
Do i need to roll/pull fenders need spacers etc etc??

Heres the rims.
c-ViewAdLargeImage

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjEyWDgxNg==/$(KGrHqNHJEgFEnPjcTtqBRfqs0Dg4Q~~48_20.JPG

ShiftShapa

Reaction score
If i have coilovers can i not just adjust the car to finger gap in relation to wheels?
also
Whats peoples opinions on getting fenders pulled and rolled, worth it? or better just to stick to rims with similar offset?

Also just to clarify when stocks 42 and i use 25 or 20 offset wheels, that means the wheels poke outwardly past the fenders a lot?
Sorry newbie here. :canada:

White6GAV6

Reaction score
It's really a matter of opinion on how aggressive your wheels are. If you want a 1 finger gap with those specs, you're going to have a lot of poke. If you go low enough and you roll/pull your fenders and relocate your rear bumper tab you can make them fit nicely.

But yes, if you have coils you can raise the car up to where it will have 1 finger gap. And the amount of wheel/tire that sticks beyond the fenders depends on both the offset and width of the wheels.

Back