(HELP) Auto tranny issue

GBA

Reaction score
Need help with my auto tranny for some reason i cant seem to move the crankshaft when i mount the tranny on. I know i have it in N cuz i clicked it 3x from park. I'm using a F22 motor with a F23 auto tranny BAXA- ****( dont ask why im using the F22) now i can move the crankshaft without the tranny on but as soon as i put it on i cant..
Does this mean my tranny is FUBAR. I really hope its not seized

GBA

Reaction score
I guess..."Accord Tech" - doesn't strike you as a technical forum?

listen do u have anything useful to my Original post if not just stop posting on my thread cuz ur not helping just irritating me with ur E-bull****

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I didn't think the F23 auto would work with the f22 engine? I know the F23 engine is not interchangeable with the f22 automatic.

Try turning the transmission without it mounted to the engine to see if it is seized. Where did you buy it anyways? and how many miles?

I think your just not putting the transmission in N. Try it with it not mounted on the car.

I wish I could help more. Tell us the year of your accord.....

GBA

Reaction score
I didn't think the F23 auto would work with the f22 engine? I know the F23 engine is not interchangeable with the f22 automatic.

Try turning the transmission without it mounted to the engine to see if it is seized. Where did you buy it anyways? and how many miles?

I think your just not putting the transmission in N. Try it with it not mounted on the car.

I wish I could help more. Tell us the year of your accord.....

Thx for ur help it a 98 4 cyl (4xx xxx Km) obviously auto now i tried it without the tranny on, I place the TC on the tranny spindle and I believe the spindle spun but i don't recall the gears that move the Drive shafts moving.

I got alot of fluid to spill on my garage floor thou:madrun:this was after i spun it with the TC on the tranny (not mounted to motor).

You say u think the tranny and motor are not mates cus this be why?

FYI: the F22 is in good condition so its not the motor

BTW: i pushed the car in N before when i had to move it around so I know it wasnt seized then.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
i install and remove transmissions almost everyday.

1. When you are rotating the crank, it does not matter what gear you are in. THe Torque converter spins freely on the pumpshaft of the transmission.
2. The reason why its stuck is maybe because the torque converter maybe jammed in the transmission pump. To see if it is, try and rotate the torque converter to see if it spins.

If all else fails.. IDK what to tell you.

Back