(HELP) Auto tranny issue

GBA

Reaction score
i install and remove transmissions almost everyday.

1. When you are rotating the crank, it does not matter what gear you are in. THe Torque converter spins freely on the pumpshaft of the transmission.
2. The reason why its stuck is maybe because the torque converter maybe jammed in the transmission pump. To see if it is, try and rotate the torque converter to see if it spins.

If all else fails.. IDK what to tell you.

u mean try a when it mounted on the motor or off the motor, i've done it off the motor and it spins like stated previously.
And if on the motor that mean i'd have to use a pry bar thru the inspection hole???

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I heard the electrical portion will not work with the f22 automatic transmission on an f23 ecu and engine. I would assume its the same vice versa in your case.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
u mean try a when it mounted on the motor or off the motor, i've done it off the motor and it spins like stated previously.
And if on the motor that mean i'd have to use a pry bar thru the inspection hole???

on and off the motor.

It seems like the torque converter is getting jammed into the flexplate somehow. Which flexplate are you using? f23 or f22? that will make the different most likely.

GBA

Reaction score
on and off the motor.

It seems like the torque converter is getting jammed into the flexplate somehow. Which flexplate are you using? f23 or f22? that will make the different most likely.

Im using the F23 flex plate cvan that be it

GBA

Reaction score
I heard the electrical portion will not work with the f22 automatic transmission on an f23 ecu and engine. I would assume its the same vice versa in your case.

Im assuming for the motor u cud just swap over any sensors that dont mate correctly, I still have the F23 block and all sensors to pull at my leisure...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
listen do u have anything useful to my Original post if not just stop posting on my thread cuz ur not helping just irritating me with ur E-bull****

Watch your tone newb.

I didn't think the F23 auto would work with the f22 engine? I know the F23 engine is not interchangeable with the f22 automatic.

Try turning the transmission without it mounted to the engine to see if it is seized. Where did you buy it anyways? and how many miles?

I think your just not putting the transmission in N. Try it with it not mounted on the car.

I wish I could help more. Tell us the year of your accord.....

All F/H eng/trans are interchangeable.

Im assuming for the motor u cud just swap over any sensors that dont mate correctly, I still have the F23 block and all sensors to pull at my leisure...

The issue lies with the TCU. There are different locations for some sensors and different shift points for the automatics of different years. While it may bolt up, chances are you'll be doing some rewiring to get it to work.

GBA

Reaction score
Watch your tone newb.

All F/H eng/trans are interchangeable.

The issue lies with the TCU. There are different locations for some sensors and different shift points for the automatics of different years. While it may bolt up, chances are you'll be doing some rewiring to get it to work.

I'm not a newb I an OG accord owner (4th gen FTW) and the problem isnt about rewiring the tranny,(since im re using the F23) its why it wont move attached to the F22 (4th gen heart).

PS>Next rime try helping first before flaming, it prevents off-topic discussion. my thread

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
PS - Know who your talking to. You're a newb here.

Last warning.

Try swapping flexplates/TC's.

Last edited:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
PS - Know who your talking to. You're a newb here.

Last warning.

Try swapping flexplates/TC's.

exactly what i told him, but it seems like he's using the f23 flexplate and a f23 trans too, but idk what the problem might be. Maybe the torque converter isnt all the way into the pump shaft?? and I have no clue why you are using an f22.. f23's can be had for cheap man.:poke:

Back