"Side Airbag" Light...

Mikey

Reaction score
Been coming back lately. Doesnt stay on but doesnt flash, either. It comes for maybe 3 seconds, goes away then comes back maybe 10 seconds later, for 3 seconds. Sometimes itll do it once or twice, other times it's done it the whole to work.

I'll swing by honda and see what they say.

twofast4u

Reaction score
mine does this too. It only comes on when someone is leaning on the side part of the seat. I just think a sensor is out of place.

maddmatt02

Reaction score
our car does it as well, 01. it happened off and on for about 6 months and now the SRS light is on but the side airbag light hasnt been on in a while. so I can go to a honda dealership and they can pull the SRS codes???

cl206

Reaction score
So whatever happened? Same thing is happening now to my 00 accord. It is the side airbag (not SRS) and nothing is on the passenger seat.

TIA

BTW I just realized this started happening after the crazy rainstorm we have up here in the North East so now I am wondering if the sensors just got wet and needs time to dry up.

ALSO I just got off the phone with HONDA USA (800-999-1009) and they said that
if it is 1 of three things, (OPDS UNIT, OPDS SENSOR, OR some side airbag circuit) it will be covered as long as ur under 10 years or 150K miles. I had my OPDS sensor done in 2006 and she says I can still be covered if it happens again.

The only problem I have is that freaking dealership charges $100 just to check it and who knows
what they'll tell me. If my light comes and stays on I guess I will visit them. I still have several months left hehe

Last edited:
Back