-=[ Which Short-Shift Adapter? ]=-

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I want to get a short-shift adapter for my 98 sedan. I have looked around, and e-bay has some that are like $20 advertising 45-50% throw reduction, and some for around $30, which only advertise 35% throw reduction. They all look very similar, and say that they are made out of billet aluminum. They all advertise that theirs is the best of course.. The two that I am looking at right now are a Fidanza adapter, and a Revo Technica one. There is also a Type R brand one, which looks the same, but is cheaper. What makes a difference here, or is this just e-bay trying to fool me, and I should get the cheapest one? Also, if the pieces look the same, then how can their throw reduction be different??

I would like some opinions on which one to get; I would rather not spend $70 on a DC sports adapter if I don't have to.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
any of the short shift adapters on eBay is decent. type in accord 98-02 short shifter.
i would personally go with the Fidanza. don't buy from the guy on eBay selling a Revo Technica one. if you want, i bought one from him but don't want to use it, if you want i'll sell you that one. but grab the Fidanza one if you like.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I ended up just getting the Fidanza one. Thanks for you offer anyways though. They are pretty much the same in functioning?

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
yeah but it's fidanza, you pay for a better quality although technically it's all the same

AngusTEx

Reaction score
(Thread Resurrection)

Any feedback on the Fidanza? I'm dying to know.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
all adapters are the same imo... some eGay ones might require u to shave off some of the adapter as it rubs against the concole in 5th and reverse gear... but functionally is just abt the same... i have a B&M one and i have no complains

AngusTEx

Reaction score
That's what I'm wondering. I'm looking at a Fidanza one for $20 shipped and was wondering if it rubbed going into 5th or reverse.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Hey Cyclonus,
Yeah it's been a while for this thread. I've had the adapter on this whole time, and it works perfectly. The only problem with this Fidanza one I had, was getting it to fit on the stock bolt - the hole on it was a bit too small (Someone was probably high when they machined it!). It's just aluminum, what I did was wrap some rough grit sandpaper around a pencil, and twist that thing in the hole until it expanded enough. Then it got on there nice and snug!

Adapter works and fits fine after that, shifting with it is a lot more comfortable, due to shortened throw, and in addition to cutting the shifter 2" it makes a sweet combo!

I agree with everyone else - the adapters are all the same, whether you buy a cheapo one or a DC sports one for like $70.. Functionality is key!

NB: It does require some extra effort to put into reverse, less effort into fifth, because you're pushing up and to the side naturally. If you're really that picky, it makes a difference. To me it makes no difference, it works well.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

ccordex00

Reaction score
I have the dc sport, bought used on egay..then I cut the shifter..pretty decent, no problems with reverse and 5thgear

Back