-=[ Which Short-Shift Adapter? ]=-

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
all adapters are the same imo... some eGay ones might require u to shave off some of the adapter as it rubs against the concole in 5th and reverse gear... but functionally is just abt the same... i have a B&M one and i have no complains

My Megan racing adapter rubs when I shift to 5th. I didn't shave any of it off. I think I may have rubbed off some of the plastic on the inside of my console though by now. Either it doesn't rub as bad anymore, or I just quit noticing it.
Also when I ordered my Megan adapter from prostreetonline, somehow my debit card info got stolen and some a-hole spent $1180 on electronics at a place called PhatCampus. I got the money back, but it was a royal PITA. I had to contact my bank, get my card cancelled, open up a dispute, make sure the bank had enough money in there to cover my mortgage, call PhatCampus, etc. PhatCampus wound up giving me the money back and never shipping the items out since I caught it so early.
I knew my info was stolen at that time because that was the first time I ever used that debit card online. I now use my credit card instead of debit. Dang that was a long rant. Sorry about that.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Sucks man, sorry to hear that.

In essence, all the adapters are the same - the principle of design is to lift the location of the linkage. I've even seen them made with a metal plate and 3 bolts from home depot lol.

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
I've even seen them made with a metal plate and 3 bolts from home depot lol.

After I received the one I got from Megan I wished I had done that. When I bought mine it was advertized (on Prostreetonline) as a "short shifter" not an adapter. They aknowledged the one they were selling for the 5th gen accords was an adapter, but they acted like it was an entire shifter for the 6th gen. After I received it I b*tched them out and told them they didn't send me what I payed for. I told then they either needed to change it on the website or they needed to give me my money back and pay for the return shipping.
They changed it on the website to show it was an adapter only.

ccordex00

Reaction score
get a used from egay men!!!...cut the shifter and ur set...why spending money on a brand new dc sport when u can get a used one for half price...
either go dc and cut the shifter or if u have the money go pspec...

AngusTEx

Reaction score
DC = ~$70
Fidanza = $20
eBay = <$15

DC is a total waste of 50 bucks.

Back