Opinions on Megan header and WS2

xmsleepr

Reaction score
I want to upgrade my exhaust system and already have a small leak on it lol. locally theres a guy selling a megan racing header and the Megan racing OE type catback all for $250, and theres another guy selling a new Universal apexi world sport 2 for $70(just muffler). now seeing as the megan racing catback is a straight thru design im going to assume im not going to like it because it will be too loud. so i was thinking i could buy both from these two people and have the muffler welded on to the megan catback which has 2.5" piping....
now the part where im having my doubts is (bottle neck #1) the header is 2.5" going into my stock cat...what the diameter on my stock cat? and the cat side of the exhaust system has a 2.25" inlet (bottle neck #2??) all flowing down the 2.5" piping (i believe theres a resonator in place) into a 60mm universal ws2 (bottle neck #3)...
any input would be greatly appreciated im considering going ahead and purchasing the megan setup because its such a great deal but debating wether the ws2 would work with me or against me (i love the sound just dont want to spend $500 on the ws2 catback)

SpEeD LuNaTiKz

Reaction score
Lol man its crazy that you put this up, I have the megan header on my car and have the megan catback exhaust and 2 weeks ago got the universal ws2 put on my my car, shop just chopped off the old exhaust and welded up the ws2 and new hangers. If you don't like a loud car then the ws2 is probably a better fit, the megan sounded good but was just to loud for me anymore the ws2 seems really quite in comparison but I enjoy it much more now. As far as the exhaust fitting you should have no problem as I still have my stock cat on. Unless the utmost performance is your goal I would say you should be fine. I dont think the 1/4" should make much of a difference, I haven't noticed any peformance loss switching to the ws2, and if there is one its probably small enough that you would never notice. Let me know if you want some videos of the exhaust and if you have any other quiestions. Hope that helps.

xmsleepr

Reaction score
So I shouldn't be so concerned about the 1/2" that I'm losing here and there? I would really appreciate some videos might pick this up tomorrow you have the I4 correct?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
i have a megan header w/ apexi ws catback ... the header cracked at the runner where it meets the flange on the head ... gaskets are blown the **** out ... worst money spent ever ... i will never buy anything from megan again ... ws catback on the otherhand is phenomenal ... love the sound and the quality

Back