newb question

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
ok i know CG is our chassis code. So can anyone OFFICIALLY tell me which number i am though. sorry if it's been covered but i did search and only one page came up. looked at all of them. anyway....

2000 Accord Sedan V6 EX...who can clear up this mystery for me? oh and J30a1

acedomain

Reaction score
cg5 or cg6 just look at your vin number ....what ever number after cg is yours .....rep please

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
begging for rep :ugh:

cg5 and cg6 are 4cyl codes, regardless. its either a 2 or 3. look at the VIN, its right there...1HGCGx.

1fastj30a1

Reaction score
Look at your VIN number on your dash, under the hood, and maybe in the door. It should start with 1HGCG, and then it'll say what number it is. Mine is a CG1, so it starts with 1HGCG1

Not sure if the 1HG is on all cars but the chasis code is in the vin.

acedomain

Reaction score
begging for rep :ugh:

cg5 and cg6 are 4cyl codes, regardless. its either a 2 or 3. look at the VIN, its right there...1HGCGx.

im not begging...just asking .....cg5 and cg6 are for 4cyl ...i have a 4cyl sooo thats why i wrote that because im thinking he had a 4cyl ...but just remember he got the v6 ....i feels so dumb too cuz he put j30 on their too lol

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
There's a direct thread covering this somewhere in the archives of original 6GA information. :eek:

As stated posted by those above though, yes that is how you find your code.

Back