DIY - Steering Wheel Swap: S2000, RSX, EP3, Insight (with cruise control wiring!)

VancouverAccord

Reaction score
Re: DIY - Steering Wheel Swap: S2000, RSX, EP3 (with cruise control wiring!)

Its Single, sorry i took a while to check guys
Euro-R wheel can be added to the single list

Awesome! Thanks for checking and the pics.:happy107: I'll add it to the list. Does anyone know the year range for the Euro-R?

Last edited:

Zilla0617

Reaction score

Wassup
Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a 98 accord v6 and according to the list I have stage one setup. Is it possible to install a dual stage steering wheel without the possibility of having the SRS light issue? Thanks in advance

kthung

Reaction score

Wassup
Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a 98 accord v6 and according to the list I have stage one setup. Is it possible to install a dual stage steering wheel without the possibility of having the SRS light issue? Thanks in advance

I don't think so, and I believe I read somewhere on this forum from a Honda tech that if the SRS light is on, the bag will not deploy at all, which is quite dangerous so I wouldn't recommend putting in a dual stage bag and just driving with the light on.

Some wheels that had two-stage bags will fit a single stage if you just swap them over. For example I put a TL-S wheel in my 99 Accord, and just reused my original single stage bag.

There's also a DIY here somewhere if you have both bags, you can transfer the explosive charge from a single stage bag so you are converting a dual stage into a single stage. Too risky for me though.

Easiest thing to do IMO is to just find a single stage wheel and stick with that.

Zilla0617

Reaction score

I don't think so, and I believe I read somewhere on this forum from a Honda tech that if the SRS light is on, the bag will not deploy at all, which is quite dangerous so I wouldn't recommend putting in a dual stage bag and just driving with the light on.

Some wheels that had two-stage bags will fit a single stage if you just swap them over. For example I put a TL-S wheel in my 99 Accord, and just reused my original single stage bag.

There's also a DIY here somewhere if you have both bags, you can transfer the explosive charge from a single stage bag so you are converting a dual stage into a single stage. Too risky for me though.

Easiest thing to do IMO is to just find a single stage wheel and stick with that.

Thank you

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
Do you know if the 2001-2003 CL/TL steering wheel's cruise control is the same as our factory one? Looking to buy a 2003 CL wheel w/o radio or cruise controls and was wondering if they're the same.

Accord914

Reaction score
As stated above i have a 98 accord with a rsx steering wheel idk if its worth the hassle and loosing the airbag!!

Back