DIY - Steering Wheel Swap: S2000, RSX, EP3, Insight (with cruise control wiring!)

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I don't want to make a new a thread so I thought this to be the best place to aka my question. I have a stock steering wheel and I cannot get my horn to work. If I ground it my horn is constantly on. But when not ground I'll push on it and my horn won't work. Any ideas? Hopefully the way I explained it made sense

phi1542

Reaction score
Hey so I have an AP1 steering wheel from my 99 accord but my new accord is an 02 so I need an AP2. Can I just buy an AP2 air bag or an RSX air bag and swap it? Or will that not work. Also is the cruise control wiring the same on the 02 accords?

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Hey so I have an AP1 steering wheel from my 99 accord but my new accord is an 02 so I need an AP2. Can I just buy an AP2 air bag or an RSX air bag and swap it? Or will that not work. Also is the cruise control wiring the same on the 02 accords?

If you have an 02 you need duel stage air bag.. You might be able to swap the bags out from the looks of it.

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
If you have an 02 you need duel stage air bag.. You might be able to swap the bags out from the looks of it.
I think so too. The steering wheel looks like nothing is on it, it just holds the air bag. All the wires like the horn is on the air bag right? Because currently my Horn doesn't work because the connector on the 02 is different .

Anyone know if I can use an rsx air bag on s2k steering wheel?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VancouverAccord

Reaction score
Yes, rsx, ep3, s2000 and insite bags are all interchangeable as long as your get the right number of stages for your car.

phi1542

Reaction score
Oh ok cool thanks. I wanted to but they are hard to find. I don't see any on ebay right now. Also is the cruise control wiring the same? I followed your directions and it worked when I had it on my 99 accord. Idk if it works on my 02. Also what about the horn? All plug and play with the dc5/ep3 airbag? Currently connectors are different with ap1 and 02 accord.

I also just picked up an rsx steering wheel with no air bag today in pretty much no wear and tear on it at a local used Honda parts shop so I just need to find the air bag now

Last edited:

VancouverAccord

Reaction score
Yah all cruise wiring should be the same. As far as the horn goes I'm pretty sure s2k and rsx have the horn wire attach to the wheel it self instead of the airbag like the accord.

No that air bag won't work. It's single stage. If you look closely at the wires there are only 2, dual stage will have 4 wires (1 pair per stage). I'm pretty sure all JDM airbags are single. You would need an airbag off a USDM or CDM EP3.

phi1542

Reaction score
Yah all cruise wiring should be the same. As far as the horn goes I'm pretty sure s2k and rsx have the horn wire attach to the wheel it self instead of the airbag like the accord.

No that air bag won't work. It's single stage. If you look closely at the wires there are only 2, dual stage will have 4 wires (1 pair per stage). I'm pretty sure all JDM airbags are single. You would need an airbag off a USDM or CDM EP3.
Ohhhh ok thanks. If all else fails I will have to get an rsx one.... only thing is the Honda sign on that will look tacky and out of place since it's a different shape.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Back