TL seats in 98 Accord DIY

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I'm going to the wreckers today and picking up 2002 TL rear seats if they have any in good condition (they quoted me 35 bucks for the whole setup). I will fully explain how install them and yes they WILL work I know this because I will make them fit I don't care how much work it takes :thumbup:

I will post pics later today of the rear seats I find, once I have installed those I will be attempting CL-S fronts I am going to try to remove the entire wiring harness for the seats(from Acura) or get one from an Accord with power heated seats and then all I have to do is power the passenger side (if I use Accord harness) anybody have any tips or info I need to know about the fronts. I know the side air bags wont function and also the driver seat has a memory function that probably wont work either.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Hey buddy. Theres already a whole thread on this. To sum it up it shows you how to wire the front seats and I believe I posted a picture of my tsx rear seats too. Nothing new really :)

FNCONE

Reaction score
Like Above, (Thanks Chris Vu, TSX seat picture?)
I have this same setup, but i might throw TSX rears in mine (I like the headrest look, my Accord 03's fit nice but they are not perforated) a member on v6performance did the rears you just need to cut a slot for the seat to clamp on next to the rear tray (TL seats do not fold down). For the fronts, forget about memory seating, The wiring goes thru multiplex's and a computer under the seat. You can get power and heated seats, especially the Canadian model has heated seats in the accord. Not difficult if you just want them to move, if you want heat still easy but need to run wires. GOOD LUCK.

Last edited:

VancouverAccord

Reaction score
I'm going to the wreckers today and picking up 2002 TL rear seats if they have any in good condition (they quoted me 35 bucks for the whole setup). I will fully explain how install them and yes they WILL work I know this because I will make them fit I don't care how much work it takes :thumbup:

I will post pics later today of the rear seats I find, once I have installed those I will be attempting CL-S fronts I am going to try to remove the entire wiring harness for the seats(from Acura) or get one from an Accord with power heated seats and then all I have to do is power the passenger side (if I use Accord harness) anybody have any tips or info I need to know about the fronts. I know the side air bags wont function and also the driver seat has a memory function that probably wont work either.

Did you get them from Ralph's on Mitchell Island? If so i saw you there!

Do you drive a Sedan with 01-02 coupe front end conversion?

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Did you get them from Ralph's on Mitchell Island? If so i saw you there!

Do you drive a Sedan with 01-02 coupe front end conversion?

ya man that was me they were pretty beat up the ones I looked at from a 99 I think. The 2003 one they had there was missing the bottom piece so I left empty handed.....

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Hey buddy. Theres already a whole thread on this. To sum it up it shows you how to wire the front seats and I believe I posted a picture of my tsx rear seats too. Nothing new really :)

I know its not new I just wanted to do it

VancouverAccord

Reaction score
ya man that was me they were pretty beat up the ones I looked at from a 99 I think. The 2003 one they had there was missing the bottom piece so I left empty handed.....

haha, awesome. Small world. You parked beside me! ****ty that you left empty handed. I'll try to keep an eye out for some in good shape for you. I'm pretty sure they had one with tan seats in good condition. Not sure what colour your looking for but I think I saw you going for black.

I also did a CL-S seat swap so when you come to that I may be able to help a bit.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
haha, awesome. Small world. You parked beside me! ****ty that you left empty handed. I'll try to keep an eye out for some in good shape for you. I'm pretty sure they had one with tan seats in good condition. Not sure what colour your looking for but I think I saw you going for black.

I also did a CL-S seat swap so when you come to that I may be able to help a bit.

LOL I looked at your seat it looks nice. Its a good looking coupe I wish I could lower mine (wells hers I mean) what city you live in

VancouverAccord

Reaction score
LOL I looked at your seat it looks nice. Its a good looking coupe I wish I could lower mine (wells hers I mean) what city you live in

Thanks man! I have the passenger side wired as well but the seat is currently out due to an OPDS sensor failure. I live in east van. You should check out NWaccord.com. A bunch of us locals organize meets and photo shoots on there.

Back