CBO's 99 Accord EX sedan thread

CBO

Reaction score
Better car pic

Gotta do the drivers door speaker, but soon I'm doing a custom FREE short throw shifter mod and shortening it as well.

Last edited:

CBO

Reaction score
Been forever since I've been on here. Just been driving it. I took it to kansas city and got 35mpg so that was awesome. A little bit of city driving mixed in so I might get 36-37 hwy. I did have issues with it shutting off on me on the hwy. It happened otw to kc when i turned the ac on. Just died. Not cool. Not safe. Thankfully I got a buddy who works at the honda dealer and had him run my vin. It had the ignition switch electronics replaced before but they said it'd been a while and they would replace it again for free under warranty. Idk how a 99 still has a warranty but Im ok with it. Since then, no surging idle and not died once. Awesome.

Im prepping for a trip to denver and decided to do a short throw shifter mod and shorten the stick 2 inches.

Cut off the linkage thing. (Super technical here folks)

20160516_182110_zpsigabmque.jpg

1463526526_20160516_183417-picsay_zpsokwltpfv.jpg

Re weld

PhotoGrid_1463526604245_zpstbxyffx5.jpg

Putting crap back together.

PhotoGrid_1463526850530_zpswuwopsik.jpg

Throws are wayyy shorter. Feels pretty awesome. Feels firm. Only thing left to do is cut down the shift boot to match. The hardest and most annoying part was all the crap you have to take apart to get the shifter assembly out. This mod actually made me 25 cents cuz I found a quarter under the center console. Winning. :Jedi:

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Surprised a dealer would replace the switch again free of charge, glad that worked out.

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Looking good i need to get around to getting tint, i hate how open my car feels. Thanks for the pics on the short shifter mod i might need to give this a try cause the stock shifter is a mile high. What type of welder did you use? I might have to pick one up, i dont think my shop has one. Nevermind i see it in your picture lol.

Last edited:

CBO

Reaction score
Looking good i need to get around to getting tint, i hate how open my car feels. Thanks for the pics on the short shifter mod i might need to give this a try cause the stock shifter is a mile high. What type of welder did you use? I might have to pick one up, i dont think my shop has one. Nevermind i see it in your picture lol.

I reccomend just shortening it if you haven't welded before. It'd be hard to screw that up. But moving the linkage point is more difficult.

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Appreciate the advice its been years since i welded but im going to pick up a spare shifter from the junk yard than cut it at work. Theres a exhaust shop we use at work and im going to bring it to them for the welding. Your car is looking good it inspired me to plasti dip my rims today.

CBO

Reaction score
Thats awesome dude. However I am not a fan of my wheels. They were painted when I got them. I think black would look good with a different rim but these look silly I think. I want to get 17's but just can't justify dropping that much money on vanity. Here's a pic of the shifter back in with the trimmed shift boot.

20160522_135918_zpsncgn1hs3.jpg

Back