Alltezza's 2014 Limited BRZ

Alltezza

Reaction score
Hey guys what's going on, I'm new to the forums here. I have a story about my 98 EX Accord linked here.

Edit: I'm still new here I can't post links, but it's in the introduction thread.

Anyways the Accord is pretty much now my "true" daily driver, while I do drive the BRZ I really need to save miles on it and other personal reasons lol probably. I might have to come back and update this post because I'm about to leave to get my windows tinted for my Accord.

The mods I've done so far to my BRZ are as follows.

Engine/Exhaust:
KNN Drop-in-air Filter
Gruppe-S/ Tomei UEL headers
Gruppe-S/ Tomei 60M Overpipe
JDL Ultra quiet front pipe 2.5" High flow catted and resonated
Invidia N1 Catback
Stage 2 NA Tune on 93 Pump

Exterior Mods:
Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap

Damnit, I can't post image links either, I'm not a week old here yet....sooo this thread is useless without pics.

tdujI0F.jpg

h97nPz6.jpg

6Y7Bloo.jpg

j0MRdUn.jpg

NG6tN2V.jpg

tGofJzX.jpg

uAN0247.jpg

IJR2xOL.jpg

4lq8e1D.jpg

I did the vinyl wrap for the hood because I had to daily drive it to work all the time and these damn 18 wheelers and other cars would CONSTANTLY have rocks or whatever ALWAYS hit my damn car. So that was the solution I came up with to protect my paint.

Also for the front-pipe if I could do it all over again I would have just gotten a resonator with the front pipe instead of the catted and resonated, it didn't really help with the noise either lol my cars just loud af.....if I'm going to be loud I might as well just went catless to maximize gains.

I finally hopped on the heart breaker Dyno Dynamics.

inyBUQA.jpg

He said I'd make 200whp on Dynojet idk if he was trying to make me feel better LOL but yeah that's what the numbers I got.

UPDATE: So I was browsing the internet and was Google'd up the difference between DynoDynamics vs Dynojet. And I've seen people say 12-16% difference that DynoDynamics read lower.
So I took the lowest percentage 12% of 188 which is 22.56 and added that to 188 and did the same for Wtq.
12% of 188WHP = 22.56
12% of 150WTQ = 18
22.56 + 188 = 210.56 Whp DynoJet
18 + 150 = 168Wtq Dynojet
So yeah there we go, although I'll never know the real numbers on a dynojet because I don't know of any dynojets in my area. But the fact knowing that I am AT LEAST 200whp makes me feel a little better lol

Last edited:

Alltezza

Reaction score
Bump, account is finally a week old and can add pictures now. Hope you guys enjoy if you guys have questions I'll be glad to answer or talk.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Looks good so far. The rear diffuser on these cars for being stock is pretty cool. The 60M overpipe, what is that...the thing in the last pic?

Alltezza

Reaction score
Looks good so far. The rear diffuser on these cars for being stock is pretty cool. The 60M overpipe, what is that...the thing in the last pic?

Here's the diagram of what the stock exhaust setup looks like.

brzexhaust-diagram-550x271.jpg

It's the pipe that connects my headers to my front pipe, also a bit of a pain in the *** to take out too....had to life the engine up just a little bit lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Ah gotcha. Yeah header/exhaust removal does look kind of a pain on this car.

On the OEM header is the heat shield welded or removable? And do the aftermarket headers have an o2 bung as well? Just interesting seeing how different this is from the Accord.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i like that blue...but it needs more low :lawl: sucks about the rocks though, birds tend to like to fly into my frs, i'm not sure vinyl would help much with that haha.

Ah gotcha. Yeah header/exhaust removal does look kind of a pain on this car.

On the OEM header is the heat shield welded or removable? And do the aftermarket headers have an o2 bung as well? Just interesting seeing how different this is from the Accord.

aside form that front pipe, the exhaust isn't too much trouble to remove. i'm sure you could take the heat shield off, but i bet what's under it doesn't look much better :lawl: i'm not sure about all aftermarket headers for these cars, but his looks like it does have an o2 spot at the collector. and yeah, there's a difference alright...you have to lift the engine to change the spark plugs haha. i have to do mine soon, within 1k miles :sad:

Last edited:

Alltezza

Reaction score
i like that blue...but it needs more low :lawl: sucks about the rocks though, birds tend to like to fly into my frs, i'm not sure vinyl would help much with that haha.

aside form that front pipe, the exhaust isn't too much trouble to remove. i'm sure you could take the heat shield off, but i bet what's under it doesn't look much better :lawl: i'm not sure about all aftermarket headers for these cars, but his looks like it does have an o2 spot at the collector. and yeah, there's a difference alright...you have to lift the engine to change the spark plugs haha. i have to do mine soon, within 1k miles :sad:

Oh god, I don't even wanna get started with the spark plugs I'm already terrified thinking about doing it LOL, everything else is EASY but those spark plugs....

Yeah I'm thinking about getting coilovers soon, but right now my next mod would be Michelin Super Sport tires. My friends are ALL about stance if you haven't noticed the Genesis Coupe that my buddy drives.
I don't see a reason to dress my BRZ up since it already looks SEXY to begin with. We don't need to lower our cars and buy wheels to turn heads, it naturally turns head.

I was looking at Tein Flex Z what do you think about those, KW V3s are SUPER expensive about 3K those are some Volk TE37s or a turbo/supercharger.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
tein is known to be a good brand already, but their suspension usually tends to run on the softer side. not that that is a bad thing, but some people want something stiffer. they are a good suspension company though, so they're not a bad choice. kw is also another good brand, and if i really wanted to spend the money, i'd probably get them haha.

Alltezza

Reaction score
I'm fine with a stiffer suspension but, with my buddy's Genny every time he hits a damn bump it's so damn annoying and harsh, I get tired of my head almost flying and hitting the ceiling of the car.

What made you grab a set of ISC over TEIN or ST

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
my friend has a set of ISC's on his e36 m3 and they felt like they rode nice and he didn't have any problems, so i figured i'd try them out. they've been great for me as well. they ride nice, handle well, and go as low as i wanted to go haha. their price isn't too bad for what you get either. a lot of stuff i read online about them was good too, subaru guys really like them it seams haha.

i was actually thinking of getting the st coils, but i prefer the style that the ISC adjust height...via the bottom mount and not changing the height of the spring. if i'm correct, i also believe the lower end st coils don't come with front camber plates, or any top hats for that matter, so i would've either had to buy separate camber plates or reuse the oem stuff. i wanted the camber adjustment for my alignment, so that pretty much took them off the list haha. tein isn't bad stuff, like i said before, just too soft for my liking.

Back