CEL Codes

f23accord2000

Reaction score
i got the same code a while back yess it is the thermostat i went to the parts store make sure you get a 180 degree one and install it should be good

hey does anyone know how to fix their thermostat? this is my second time getting the P1486 code. I got it checked at Autozone, and the code reads that its a thermostat issue or low coolant i believe. The first time it was my coolant and now my CEL is on again, so this time im sure its the thermostat. any ideas? thanks

f23accord2000

Reaction score
Which is a sensor inside the distributor housing which tells the the FI
computer the position of #1 cylinder. check the cap and rotor and all plugs if not its the distributor,its basicly a missfire

i got a p1382 cel. anyone knows how to fix it or what to do?

MrLazie1

Reaction score
Which is a sensor inside the distributor housing which tells the the FI
computer the position of #1 cylinder. check the cap and rotor and all plugs if not its the distributor,its basicly a missfire

i know what it is. and i got all the checking stuff done. i just need to check one more thing and probably need to replace the distributor. if i replace the distributor, does anyone know what else i should also replace. for example, like water pump would need to also replace the timing belt.

Drift

Reaction score
i know what it is. and i got all the checking stuff done. i just need to check one more thing and probably need to replace the distributor. if i replace the distributor, does anyone know what else i should also replace. for example, like water pump would need to also replace the timing belt.

Nope. The dizzy is on the other side. 3 bolts and a couple connector and the job is done.

Caumeme09

Banned
Reaction score
so my cousin bought a 94 accord this past week with an h22 in it. the cel is on and codes are 1 o2 sensor, 10 iat, 15 ignition output signal, 17 vss. Can someone please help me. im a b series guy and have no idea with h series. Im sure i can figure it out but any input is helpful. Also, anyone know where i can get an ecu pinout for this thing?

98acclude

Reaction score
are these codes the same with H series? also can I jump the same wires to get the codes with a p5p (jdm type s) ecu? any help is appriciated

Reaction score
I jumped pins 4 and 9 with a paper clip, and my ABS light is the one that blinked 5 long and 3 short flashes. Probably jumped the wrong pins, lol, but I would guess the code is the same.

[EDIT] Since there is no code 53, my guess that the original turning on of the light counts as a flash, and that puts it at code 63 - secondary O2 sensor, which is exactly what I thought it would be. It came on after I modified my headers, and again after my exhaust, but usually only when it's minus 15C or lower.

Last edited:
Back