★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread [ 56k = ok.. for now ]

Your car has come such a long way in such a short time! For such a long time it was your 18's with no drop and then all of a sudden, you got dropped, you got the WW kit (which looks sick btw) and now your boosted. You deserve serious respect.

MoneyPit

Reaction score

damn nikita, not sure how i missed this thread but it looks good man! congrats!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

do you have an oil pressure gauge?
whats your readings at? idle,ect..

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Nikita,

Much props to you, the car has come a long way in a very short amount of time. Hope all goes well with the tune and you can get the most potential out of the build. :beer:
Thanks man!

Your car has come such a long way in such a short time! For such a long time it was your 18's with no drop and then all of a sudden, you got dropped, you got the WW kit (which looks sick btw) and now your boosted. You deserve serious respect.
Things change, for the better :thumbsup:

damn nikita, not sure how i missed this thread but it looks good man! congrats!
Thank you!

do you have an oil pressure gauge?
whats your readings at? idle,ect..
I don't have oil pressure gauge yet. I only have a boost gauge. Idle is at 900rpm, kind of low. My temperature gauge and fans work on their own, and read normally. I will install a Megan Racing fuel pressure regulator, and that way I will have a fuel pressure gauge as well. I plan to get an AEM wideband eventually. I also have a small oil leak, which I can't seem to fix. It is coming from in between the oil sandwich adapter plate and oil filter. The sandwich plate is sealed to the block with Hondabond, and there is no leak there. I don't understand why it leaks from in between filter and plate.. I put oil on rim of gasket before installing filter, and it still drips a bit. Any suggestions appreciated!

Exhaust is being done tomorrow!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

yea,i took mine off sunday.the adapter sealed good onto the block.but the filter leaked onto the adapter..and its a greddy..but i did reuse my oil filter..since i bought the higher end one that last 15,000 miles and i change mine ever 1500..ha

you can put some silicone around it but idk how easy it will be to take off when oil change time comes around.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

So you have the same problem then, where you have a few drops of oil every time you let the car idle and sit in one place after driving? I just carry extra Mobil 1 10W-30 with me in the trunk. This small oil leak seems to be a very common problem with Accords using the sandwich adapters.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

So you have the same problem then, where you have a few drops of oil every time you let the car idle and sit in one place after driving? I just carry extra Mobil 1 10W-30 with me in the trunk. This small oil leak seems to be a very common problem with Accords using the sandwich adapters.

yea it puddled on the bottom of the filter..and if i drove it just spewd it back over the filter..if left sitting it dripped..
i also took it off because i didnt like the nylon tube full of hot oil at my face..lol

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

yea it puddled on the bottom of the filter..and if i drove it just spewd it back over the filter..if left sitting it dripped..
i also took it off because i didnt like the nylon tube full of hot oil at my face..lol

What you mean nylon tube full of oil? Explain. What did you do as an alternative for your oil feed line if you removed that sandwich adapter?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

What you mean nylon tube full of oil? Explain. What did you do as an alternative for your oil feed line if you removed that sandwich adapter?

I have my turbo feed line hooked up on a T.From the block. its above the oil filter..it has a rubber boot/cap on it*Stock oil sensor*

but i hooked up the oil adapter plate just for my oil pressure gauge,and i used the autometer nylon tube-since its mechanical gauge

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Do you know size of fitting, and how to do it? Or did you have shop do it..?

Back